Guess what showed up on my doorstep today!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
MY RADIAN!!!

I mean, DD's radian.

I took it out of the weird, tiny box (weird folding car seat :rolleyes:), and stared at it like I had never seen a CR before. Dang is that thing weird when you're used to Britaxes! So I read the manual :D and figured out how to unfold the crazy thing. Then I waited patiently ;) for DH to get home so that I could play (thankfully he was only about 5 minutes behind me, so he got to witness my gleeful jumping up and down on the front porch. Yes, I am a dork).

So now for the ehh part...
So I cleaned out his truck enough to get the seat in... I don't know. I'm not comfortable with the "latch plate in the belt path" thing, mostly because of the ridged belt stalk, so I it's hard to tell if the latch plate is in or on the edge (since the plastic sort of covers the bottom). I know, I need to get over it, but it bothers me none the less. So it's in there solid (more than I could say about any other CR I tried). In order to get the latch plate all the way in (again, I'm pretty sure), it tilts a little, but not bad. Overall, I'm *okay* with it. I don't love it like I love the Marathon.

I think I'm more inclined to forgive the little things (the slight tilt, etc) with the Radian because I know that my only other option at this point would be putting a 20 pound kiddo FFing. In a truck. Which I know I can't do. SO... I guess I'm sticking with the radian.

But you all were right - the RF boot gave me the ability to get it installed better than anything else (very sloped seat, long ridged belt stalk...)

I will be posting about where to find a tether anchor on the truck though (Ford F150 single cab) But I'll look first tommorow when it's light out and take some pictures).

Overall, I think it's more a :thumbsup: than a :thumbsdown:

ADS
That's great!! I hope that it gets easier after you've fiddle with installing it a few more times. If you get a chance, you may as well give a FF install the ol' college try, since inevitably it will be necessary later, right? (Plus, I'm curious how it installs in your truck FF because my BIL wanted to take our youngest out with him & his dd in his truck when we were visiting, and I declined because I didn't want to go out in the heat to try installing the Radian! :whistle: )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC