grr! monterey belt guides

D&L's-mommy

I just got DS' monterey, and it has those infamous red belt guides. When DS is buckled the belt will retract (I had to convince him it was ok to lean forward in his seat :love:), but when the belt isn't buckled it doesn't retract well, and the little bit it does causes the belt to come out of the belt guide. I got the seat from NBD, so little hope that Diono will send me a new headrest, but honestly, the belt fit is a bit better out of the belt guide. I thought I had read the guide doesn't need to be used on the monterey? Is that true?

ADS

Mamasboys

I don't think it matters where you bought it. I emailed Diono about how to replace the belt guides, gave them my serial #, and voila--they sent new headrest. They never asked where or who I bought it from. Go for it, I really believe they will take care of it for you.

Mamasboys

And yes, Diono CS confirmed I could use it in HBB w/o using the belt guide while awaiting the new piece.

Jessica61624

I just got DS' monterey, and it has those infamous red belt guides. When DS is buckled the belt will retract (I had to convince him it was ok to lean forward in his seat :love:), but when the belt isn't buckled it doesn't retract well, and the little bit it does causes the belt to come out of the belt guide. I got the seat from NBD, so little hope that Diono will send me a new headrest, but honestly, the belt fit is a bit better out of the belt guide. I thought I had read the guide doesn't need to be used on the monterey? Is that true?

The new belt guides are located in a slightly different spot iirc.

Mamasboys

The new belt guides are located in a slightly different spot iirc.

My new headrest belt guide is the *integrated* gray style. It's in the same place as the old *bad* style ones are. Actually, I'm glad I got the grey one. The improved *red* guides seem lower. Hmm, I guess Diono's sending out two different styles of replacement headrests?

D&L's-mommy

I don't think it matters where you bought it. I emailed Diono about how to replace the belt guides, gave them my serial #, and voila--they sent new headrest. They never asked where or who I bought it from. Go for it, I really believe they will take care of it for you.

good to know, I did include model #, serial # and DOM in the email I sent them, hopefully they'll send me a new one

And yes, Diono CS confirmed I could use it in HBB w/o using the belt guide while awaiting the new piece.
good to know, at least I can use it

The improved *red* guides seem lower

I think this is what Jessica meant by "they're in a slightly different spot" I had also hear that the gray ones are a big higher than red

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC