Vent Angle adjuster benefit

tiggercat

When your 3yo pees in his radian (3 minutes after you asked him if he had to go!) the dents in the angle adjuster hold most of the pee. Ick.

I hate cleaning this seat. Nooks and crannies, I feel like I can never get it clean.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

tiggercat

I use a piddle pad since my 3 yr old pees in her sleep.

This is the first time we've had an issue since he pt'd a few months ago. I'm on the fence about piddle pads. Would they stop the pee from dripping down the crotch strap area?

agave

Mine has a piece that sticks up a little behind the crotch strap. I've only had to deal with a few accidents but the seat has always stayed dry. I'm sure there are kids with larger bladder capacities.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
When your 3yo pees in his radian (3 minutes after you asked him if he had to go!) the dents in the angle adjuster hold most of the pee. Ick.

I hate cleaning this seat. Nooks and crannies, I feel like I can never get it clean.

I wrote this EXACT SAME THING - word for word :p - a few months ago. The Radian was a pee-soaked mess but the dents in the adjuster kept it totally off of my upholstery.

tiggercat

I wrote this EXACT SAME THING - word for word :p - a few months ago. The Radian was a pee-soaked mess but the dents in the adjuster kept it totally off of my upholstery.

How did you clean the squishy comfort foam in the bottom? I squished it out in some cold water but it still smells funky.

mrosehughes

Yes, um, our angle adjuster reeks. I washed the cover, rinsed the buckle, and wiped down the seat. But that AA just soaked up most of the smell. Ick.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
How did you clean the squishy comfort foam in the bottom? I squished it out in some cold water but it still smells funky.

I just soaked it in some warm soapy water and squeezed it out and rinsed it a bunch of times. I didn't wring it, I figured that would shred it. I think I probably rolled it up in a towel to squeeze out the excess. I was able to deal with it immediately though, so it only had pee on it for about five minutes. Maybe some baking soda in the water would help?

bella_1818

When DS was PT, I bought a package of chucks (think wee-wee pads for humans) and put one under his carseat cover. I had to cut a small slit for the crotch strap. If he had an accident, the only cleanup was washing the cover and wiping down the strap. The rest of the mess was in the chuck and could be throw away. He never knew they were there.

tiggercat

I just soaked it in some warm soapy water and squeezed it out and rinsed it a bunch of times. I didn't wring it, I figured that would shred it. I think I probably rolled it up in a towel to squeeze out the excess. I was able to deal with it immediately though, so it only had pee on it for about five minutes. Maybe some baking soda in the water would help?

The warm water made a huge difference! I had been using cold because for some reason I thought that would be less likely to ruin it. Thanks :)

geekKT

Ick! Our AA has dents in it too, I keep finding crumbs and dirt in it. We're taking a drive 3 hours south next week... I'm thinking maybe I should attempt to hide a pad under DS. He's still fairly newly trained and flipped out when I tried to put a chux under him on our first outing, so I never did. I hate cleaning seats too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC