Can a 15lb 2-month really have outgrown the harness in a Flex Loc?

keri1292

Trying to help via FB and these are the photos she shared of the empty seat. Bbay is cloth diapered and it's a very tight squeeze to get him in there. No coat worn, just a showercap cover. Asked her if she lengthened the crotch strap, waiting for response. DO you see something or is this just a very short harnessed seat? :confused:
601417_4647735272484_583950554_n.jpg
625650_4647735552491_193915425_n.jpg
63988_4647734752471_1185264944_n.jpg

ADS

HaileysMommy

I'm guessing that she has the harness coming from ABOVE the childs shoulders. I don't think even a big 2 month old would be on the third harness slot but I am not familiar with the flex-loc.

jasminegrl

I'm guessing that she has the harness coming from ABOVE the childs shoulders. I don't think even a big 2 month old would be on the third harness slot but I am not familiar with the flex-loc.

there should be only 1 set of available harness slots open to use with a flex loc, then you just turn the dial depending on the height of your child.

OP my daughter and son fit in our flex loc at that size, i would have them check the length of the crotch strap

jasminegrl

they may also have the straps too far below the shoulders. they should see if the next harness strap height will give them more space in the harness if it still below the shoulders.

Drockyh2o

This seat has a knob that adjusts the straps and head support. Right now, it looks only an inch or so up from the bottom so that is why loosening the straps is not enough. Using the red knob in the center of the back, she can crank the slots up until the straps at even with or slightly below his shoulder height. Her instruction manual explains it. This is a link if she doesn't have it - http://www.babytrend.com/pdf/E30FL0113U.pdf

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
the piece with the yolk looks like it is routed incorrectly to me... but it is hard to tell from the picture... should the strap go under the bar in front? I have a hard time unless I'm actually looking at the seat

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I would have her read the manual.

If jr were my friend and she was having trouble and really seeking help, I would have her strip that baby down. Do y'all have the ability to do a video chat or meet in person?

Eta: by baby I meant car seat.

Last edited:

amyd

the piece with the yolk looks like it is routed incorrectly to me... but it is hard to tell from the picture... should the strap go under the bar in front? I have a hard time unless I'm actually looking at the seat

That's what I was thinking as well.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I can't figure out the two loops. They are extremely uneven.

Is this a continuous harness or does it have fixed hips? I have not broken one down before.

keri1292

She's on a cloth diapering group on FB and not too close to me, though I will try to meet up. It does look like a ton of harness and the only one with babe in the pic was too dark to really see the harness. I linked her to the youtubve video by Baby Trend. I find some people have a really hard time with reading the manual and respond great to the youtube videos. This is the hard part about helping people online. I just want to get my hands on that baby and the seat and see what's up. :)

aept

Keri, are you in Rochester? I think we were talking about that but I can't see location info on my phone app...
If so, we have a local FB cloth diaper group???
Also, I have to say I moved all my guys (all cloth diapered) out of their bucket by 3-4 months. They were various sizes but would have been 14-19 lbs at the time. Only one - my oldest - actually outgrew the specs on the snugride 22 (by length), but I just kinda figured it was only a matter of time and moved them to their respective convertibles around that 4 month age/size even though technically they might have been able to stay a short bit longer.
I'm in Webster if that's near where this mom is who needs help. I am not a tech but at least am another cd'ing mom who is into carseats....

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC