Question Sk and diono rn differences

mominabigtruck

I'm trying to decide what I'm going to replace my blvds with and I'm stuck between another rn and a pria. I have a rn already and I put it in my moms van because the way the harness attaches drives me crazy.

I'm wondering if the diono has a regular double yolk or the single one that is on the sk? For the life of me I can never get the second harness strap on all the way and I always have to wait for dh to do it for me.

ADS

tiggercat

You mean the splitter plate? The Diono's is the same as the SSK where both harness straps attach to the single loopy thing.

I think it has to be like that because of the safe stop.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

mominabigtruck

You mean the splitter plate? The Diono's is the same as the SSK where both harness straps attach to the single loopy thing.

I think it has to be like that because of the safe stop.

Yes, that's what I meant. I think I was having a brain fart, lol.

So am I the only one that has trouble doing it?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
The sunshine kids one had short loops to attach to the splitter plate. You have to fold and bunch and get them squeezed on side by side just right. Near the end of sk, they switched to a larger loop so the two nest together to be one width and they go in super easy. It really is a huge change, IMO. I hated the old style. I called them because I purchased two XTsls and one had the old and the other had the new. They sent me a replacement with the longer loops for free.

tiggercat

The sunshine kids one had short loops to attach to the splitter plate. You have to fold and bunch and get them squeezed on side by side just right. Near the end of sk, they switched to a larger loop so the two nest together to be one width and they go in super easy. It really is a huge change, IMO. I hated the old style. I called them because I purchased two XTsls and one had the old and the other had the new. They sent me a replacement with the longer loops for free.

Interesting. All of my SSK and Diono radians have had the same style attachment.

mominabigtruck

This post shows the differences in the splitter plates:
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=2058875&postcount=2

The Diono one looks a little bit less frustrating. The plate itself seems to look pretty much the same but for some reason the straps sit differently on them.

ETA: According to this it is more of a harness issue than splitter plate issue: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=144764

Ahh ha! I could never figure out why it was so hard on the rn but the fr85, which has the same splitter plate was easy as pie.

So if I call diono will they send me a new harness?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
This post shows the differences in the splitter plates:
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=2058875&postcount=2

The Diono one looks a little bit less frustrating. The plate itself seems to look pretty much the same but for some reason the straps sit differently on them.

ETA: According to this it is more of a harness issue than splitter plate issue: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=144764

It was a harness issue.

They are still the same splitter plate. The difference is in the harness.

Call. It can't hurt.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I truly cannot remember which splitter plate is on my Radian. :confused:

But, I am not curious enough right now to conjure the energy to go uninstall my seat, check, and then reinstall. No way.

nataliem257

I have the old style, I was cursing it at 6 am this morning after I had to reinstall the seat to put the stupid safe stop back on. :mad:

trippsmom

CPST Instructor

But, I am not curious enough right now to conjure the energy to go uninstall my seat, check, and then reinstall. No way.

Afaik, they are all the same. I have handled one that is now expired that had the same splitter. It is the harness loops. If they've changed at all, it is like the difference in locking clips or belt shortening clips, all the same shape, but maybe a millimeter extra/less here and there.

Keeanh

If you loosen your harness all the way, you should be able to reach behind your RN and pull the splitter to the side so you can look at it.

Both my Radians are fairly late-model SKJP and both have the big loops. They're super easy to take on & off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC