which is safest....

musicmaj

I am getting closer to purchasing the 86Y for my 5 year old in our corrolla and putting the radian in our ody for him. Now I have to decide the safest config for that car. My main concern is actually my 2 year old. He is very small - 32 inches and 21lbs. He will be rearfacing for at least another year. He rides in a regal ride in the corrolla. I am actually nervous with him in that seat because it is a doral seat with no eps foam coupled with the fact that the car is 17 years old and doesn't have new safety features. I would like to put him passenger outboard, 5 year old with fpbooster and 86Y with lapbelt center, and 7 year old fpbooster outboard driver. I am nervous doing that because of the no foam/side impact protection though.

Which would you choose if you had to - please keep in mind that I absolutely can not afford to purchase any new seats. Just buying the 86Y is a stretch for us right now as dh has been out of work.
1. 2 year old rf regal ride/5 year old/7 year old
2. 7 year old/ 2 year old rf regal ride/5 year old
3. 2 year old ff in fpsv (won't fit rearfacing outboard)/5 year old/7 year old.

Is my 2 year old safer rearfacing in a seat with no eps foam outboard than he would be forward facing in a seat with eps foam?

Why do I make this so difficult?:rolleyes:

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member

RF is safer even without EPS foam & the tradional style seats will provide more safety in side impacts than the 86Y outboard....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC