Need suggestions on a crossover or midsize car

J

julieann

Looking for car I have 13 month old twins and I am expecting a 3rd child in October (surprise!), so we will have 3 RF for quite some time.

I am looking for a crossover or small SUV. Do not want a minivan.
We are currently using the keyfits with the twins, but plan on buying new seats for the new car. Carseat suggestions are also needed.
Prefer to spend no more than $12,000 lease or buy.
Thanks!

ADS

Melanie

Mazda 5 or Honda Pilot if you need more cargo room than the 5. Ford Flex is very family friendly, but not sure if it's available in your price range. They came out in 2009.

IME, a third row isn't a necessity, but very nice to have. I still separate my 5 & 7 year olds on occasion. A regular car will have all of them together, RF buckling will be harder too.

I know you don't want a van, but they're awfully convenient. Sliding doors are great. It would be (and has been) my choice for 3 little ones. How about a van for now and change to an suv when everyone is more mobile and self sufficient?

ETA: And it's great that you're planning on rear facing long term!

jasminegrl

rearfacing 3 in a mazda 5 is not so simple, there is not alot of space in the 3rd row. I would definitely test whatever seats you plan on putting back their first, we also only have room for a small stroller when the 3rd row is up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC