any new boosters coming in the next few months?

bethng

My son is 7 (8 in May) and has about an inch or so left in the harness of his FR85. He LOVES his seat. I could turn it into a booster when he outgrows it but I really want a dedicated booster. Besides, I have a friend who is recently divorced, has very little money and her ds is going to outgrow his BLVD soon. I plan to give the FR85 to her. The booster has to have lower anchors. Would like them to be rigid but I can give a little on that one. Cant be a turbo, orber (sp?), Monterey or britax booster. That limits my options at the moment. Was hoping that maybe a manufacture had one (or more) in the works and were going to release in a few months. Oh..and ds says he has to have a red seat. Not that I would pass up the perfect seat due to color. He would just have to build a bridge and get over it lol

ADS

NVMBR02

I think the new Recaro performance line may have LATCH for the boosters, I am not 100% on that though, or of the fabric options.

What about the Peg booster or one of the Kiddy boosters?

bethng

I think the new Recaro performance line may have LATCH for the boosters, I am not 100% on that though, or of the fabric options.

What about the Peg booster or one of the Kiddy boosters?

does the peg booster have lower anchors? The kiddy booster is probably what I would get if I had to purchase now....but I have a few months. Will wait and see I guess.....

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The Peg HBB is very nice, has flexible lower anchor attachments and it comes in a beautiful red color - but it's not that tall. I think it's about 19.5" to the belt guide in its tallest setting.

The Kiddy CFP is awesome and meets all your criteria (the Rumba is a nice cranberry red) but again, it's not super tall and it doesn't convert to a backless. I get about 20.5" to the bottom of the slanted belt guide on the tallest setting. Full review is here: http://carseatblog.com/18008/kiddy-...erman-for-check-out-this-awesome-new-booster/

The new Recaro Performance Booster should be coming soon but the flexible lower anchor attachments will not be adjustable so it's always going to be a fairly loose (but technically LATCHed) attachment. Not sure if that's a deal-killer for you.

HTH!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The new Recaro Performance Booster should be coming soon but the flexible lower anchor attachments will not be adjustable so it's always going to be a fairly loose (but technically LATCHed) attachment. Not sure if that's a deal-killer for you.

HTH!

Ah, like the First Years B570. I wonder if there's a good reason that the LATCH is loose? Remember the olden days when we justified no LATCH on boosters because we wanted the seat to ride *with* the child in a forward-moving-with-side-impact crash? Is it possible flexible really IS safer (Transport Canada didn't seem thrilled with rigid lower seats, like the Oto, where the dummy flies forward and down off the seat, allowing the lap belt to ride into the abdomen, IIRC, and of course there was booster tests when LATCH first came out where that happened and discouraged development of seats like that, IIRC again).

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Some of the Compass people (who were behind all the Compass boosters including the B570 Pathway) are now at Recaro so it's the same person(s) having the same ideology about latched boosters. They seem to be the only ones who either make a latchable booster or allow their combo seats to be latched in BPB mode, who don't want a firm connection between the booster and the vehicle. Since Graco, Evenflo, Britax, Diono, Clek, Kiddy and Peg have no issue with it, I'm not overly concerned.

Regarding TC testing a few years back, they only tested the Oto, IIRC. And that seat is discontinued.

I know consumer demand is really what's driving the latchable booster trend but I'm pretty sure CR manufacturers wouldn't make their products less safe just to make us happy. At least I hope not! Lol.

bethng

The Peg HBB is very nice, has flexible lower anchor attachments and it comes in a beautiful red color - but it's not that tall. I think it's about 19.5" to the belt guide in its tallest setting.

The Kiddy CFP is awesome and meets all your criteria (the Rumba is a nice cranberry red) but again, it's not super tall and it doesn't convert to a backless. I get about 20.5" to the bottom of the slanted belt guide on the tallest setting. Full review is here: http://carseatblog.com/18008/kiddy-...erman-for-check-out-this-awesome-new-booster/

No opinion on the loose lower anchors right now. I just don't want to have to be buckling the booster back in every time we get out of the car because lord knows ds wont remember....and if he does it will take forever and I am not very patient lol. My ds is in the 40-50% in weight and height so not having a taller booster probably wont be a problem. If it is then I will buy him a taller booster when the times comes! Nobody has to twist my arm to get me to buy a new seat! lol. And as far as turning into a no back booster....he has a Clek Olli waiting for him.....so I don't care if it turns into a backless. In fact, I probably would not use it in that mode.

I think I will wait for Recaro to come out with their booster and then make my decision. Then I have to break it to my son that his days in a harnessed seat are numbered. I suggested a booster the other day and he flipped out. "I LOVE MY SEAT! I DONT WANT A STUPID BOOSTER!" :shrug-shoulders:
The boy has his opinions and a temper to match.:rolleyes:

emandbri

The Monterey has loose anchors. I have a kiddy and like it but Elizabeth was having trouble buckling it and I moved her to the Monterey.

bethng

not sure of budget, but what about the clek oobr? or not enough legroom?

Had one for dd#3. Didnt like it at all. Besides, I hate paul frank and I think thats my only red option. ;) If I loved the seat I could overlook the obnoxious monkeys.....but I dont like the seat. ugly monkeys + seat dislike = a no go.

bethng

If you want to play with a Kiddy CFP before you make your decision I have one. we could meet up.

Really? That would be great! I have spring break starting April 1st. Are you available anytime that week? Where could we meet. I have a friend in Bothel.....give me a reason to go up north :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC