Question Manufacture Date

kawad1

What do you consider reasonable when buying a new carseat for the manufacture date? In my mind it should be within 6 months, but preferably within 3. I just got a seat delivered from diapers.com and the manufacture date is 4/2012... Almost a year old! Seems too old, right? It is reasonable to send it back and ask for a newer one, right?

ADS

kawad1

It is a Diono Monterey. I know the expiration is long, but it is for my oldest and it will most likely be passed on to his little brothers.

Mamasboys

My Monterey came from diapers.com (ordered last week) as well. I got a 5/2012 DOM, but I'm not overly upset. I had a coupon code and got it for $99, so I'm *OK* with it being a little older stock. Same color would have cost $20-$30 more elsewhere, so I figure I still come out ahead.

Mamasboys

It is a Diono Monterey. I know the expiration is long, but it is for my oldest and it will most likely be passed on to his little brothers.

Monterey's have 6yr life spans. So keep that in mind (you've got about 5yrs left) to determine if it's a good deal or not for you.

Phineasmama

For me it would depend if I got a really good deal, if I paid a lot less than retail for it I wouldn't insist on a brand new DOM.

kawad1

I didn't get that great of a deal. It was $120+tax. Same price as bru (but out of stock with them) or buybuybaby (using 20%off coupon). Not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see if there are any newer options.

D&L's-mommy

For me it would depend if I got a really good deal, if I paid a lot less than retail for it I wouldn't insist on a brand new DOM.

:yeahthat: I ordered a montery from NBD today, I'm expecting it to be about 1 year old, but I got a really good deal, so I'm ok with it

kawad1

Diapers.com customer service was great. They sent me a return label right away and put a call into their warehouse to see if they have a later DOM. I agree if it was under $100 I probably wouldn't have bothered with the return but at $120+tax I want something that is at least within 6 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC