Evenflo Sureride, Evenflo Tribute and Britax Frontier 85 pics

Brianna

Images are thumbnails, click to open in new window to view full size. If you're on the app, try using your mobile browser instead.

Evenflo Sureride is on the left, Evenflo Tribute is on the right

The buckle shown on the right is the old style Evenflo buckle (seat DOM is 3/17/11). The new Evenflo Tributes sold will have the same buckle style as the Sureride shown on the right.

Showing the belt path and harness location on the Sureride

This is the Tribute, when installed RF the seat belt/LATCH strap can push on the harness from the hips

ADS

Brianna

Please let me know if you'd like different pictures. These are the seats I have available tonight. In the near future I may also be able to take comparison pics with the Graco MyRide 65 and Evenflo Triumph 65/Advance. I can take pictures in a 2008 Chevy Malibu if wanted also.

MommyShannon

Ugh, I tried somebody's Graco the other day and i despise that buckle. All these nice seats really need to change buckles. Thanks for the pics. I definitely wasn't picturing the size of the SureRide right.

Brianna

Sureride installation- very easy both RF and FF with seat belt. FF with LATCH was easy, but the tilt lock to loosen the LATCH strap was difficult to undo. I did not use LATCH RF. All pics are in a 2008 Malibu

RF in center with the line level to ground. The passenger seat is comfortably reclined and moved all the way back. The driver seat could have been moved all the way back also- it fit perfectly between the front seats without touching

The Sureride didn't contact the back of the vehicle seat much higher than the belt path due to the car's head rest

With the headrest removed it was flush

I was able to put the Sureride and Tribute next to each other FF/RF, FF/FF, RF/RF with independent tightness very easily. They did not puzzle well at all as they hit each other at the widest spots of the seat- I believe the total width was around 35.5".

The Frontier 85 and Sureride were also easy to install independently tight next to each other but did not puzzle at all. The total width at the cupholder was about 37" with the Sureride RF or FF.

With the combination of any two of the seats, the only possibility of a 3 across in my car would be a tiny child in an RSTV. A BubbleBum would be too wide.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Glad to see it fitting in a car so well! Had a mom return one the other day because she said the Tahoe it was in was too small :confused: Turned out their problem was they had not switched the LATCH to the RF belt path and it probably would have worked, though, I wish I could have played with it (curse you, Evenflo, for setting up LATCH in FF belt paths, you have no idea what kinds of headaches this causes :thumbsdown:)

Brianna

I'm not a fan of switching the LATCH straps on Evenflo convertibles... my only other brand convertible has been a MyRide which obviously doesn't require any switching :) I still need to try it out RF outboard- I wanted to find somebody taller than me to put the seat in a comfortable position first so I can see how upright it would need to be. I like how high the RF belt path is though!

D&L's-mommy

online the sureride looks very similar to the tribute, it's amazing how much bigger it is in person, and it was great to see it next to the frontier. Brianna, you have an argos, right? can you do pics comparing it to the sureride, my DD has less than 1" of growth left in the nauti and I think I think I need to reharness her in her gma's van, so I'm thinking about the sureride, IDK :rolleyes:

Brianna

online the sureride looks very similar to the tribute, it's amazing how much bigger it is in person, and it was great to see it next to the frontier. Brianna, you have an argos, right? can you do pics comparing it to the sureride, my DD has less than 1" of growth left in the nauti and I think I think I need to reharness her in her gma's van, so I'm thinking about the sureride, IDK :rolleyes:

The Argos is permanently installed in J's sitter's vehicle and I don't generally see her but I'll do my best to get a picture for you.

D&L's-mommy

The Argos is permanently installed in J's sitter's vehicle and I don't generally see her but I'll do my best to get a picture for you.

don't worry about it, I don't need a picture :). just trying to decide what to do
eta: looking at your pics again I just don't know, lol. If I get the sr I will need to get a monterey down the road and that's gonna be more than the frontier, and I don't have anyone to pass it down to since I will need a convertible for DNi before DD outgrows the sr, and I"m sure I'll change my mind 100 times before I actually buy something,lol

Brianna

I haven't seen him in the Argos in months and I haven't put him in the Sureride yet. I texted his mom to see if she can grab the Argos when she gets out tonight.

D&L's-mommy

I haven't seen him in the Argos in months and I haven't put him in the Sureride yet. I texted his mom to see if she can grab the Argos when she gets out tonight.

thanks, but don't worry about, I just thought if it was handy than I'd ask. I think I'm leaning towards the frontier anyway. as far as top harness height nauti/argos is 18", sr is 19", frontier is 20", right?

Brianna

I should be able to get my hands on it tonight or tomorrow. I hope to get pics of J in as many seats as he will tolerate.

Brianna

Sorry for pic sizes, I'm on my phone. J is 3 1/2, 40 pounds, 40", approx 15.25" torso. RF pics are for pictures only, he will not ride that way.

Sureride RF- he is on the 4th slot
BD7985D5-6669-4C3B-B7C6-B4C413B3CA15-2083-000000D627C77DE4_zps7f90955d.jpg

68150C0A-7FCB-4B89-A21D-051D31819ECA-2083-000000D62C9BA63E_zpsac7da7e8.jpg

5E08E05B-7328-411D-8D61-BE8CE1EBA0B5-2083-000000D630DB3F3A_zps2d52b14c.jpg

EDC9D882-C550-45F9-B5ED-322E70B26AA3-2083-000000D6359B1050_zps4b98897f.jpg

Kel

Thanks for the pictures. I ordered a sure ride yesterday from target. I already have two MRs which I love. Today I have three MRs in my van, lol.

Would you say the sure ride will last longer FFing than the MR?

Brianna

Assuming average torso growth, 1-2 years longer, possibly 3 in the Sureride than the MyRide. In most cars he has less room in the MR though, I was able to get it very upright in my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC