Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

foonf vs pria vs sure fit

Hi all, I've been asking alot of questions on many seats. I just cant decide. I was intending to leave DS in his current seat until he outgrew it. But, I'm going to need his seat for my babysitting 12mos old.

My DS is in a MR65, witch I love. He has about 2" of hard shell left, 3" total. He has a nice amount of leg room left. He's has a longer torso for sure.

He's 2yrs 10 mos. 37.5" and 34lbs. I like the Sure Ride for the high top slots ffing. The foonf for the weight. And the pria for the top slot hieght.

I want to rf until 4 if possible, then use the seat I get ff until booster age.

I have a huge 12 Passenger van. So size don't matter, but....the foonf May put him up really high, maybe he'll touch the ceiling to much....
    Kelley- mom of seven!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Last edited by Jgarr13; 03-17-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Re: foonf vs pria vs sure fit

Thank you. How old was E at the time? I think that's why DS loves the My Ride, he can see out the Windows, lol. So I guess that's a plus I wasn't thinking of.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

5. Thank You from:

///

I can't speak to the other seats, but I love DD's Pria. The fabric is much more breathable than any other seat I've touched, and the padding seems super comfy. DD falls asleep it it more often than not (rather difficult to get home before nap time without a cat nap in the car first)! She is 20 months, was 24lbs and 31" at her 18 month check up, and has tons of leg room. I chose the seat for the RF weight limit, height of the harness, no-rethread harness, and the plushness of the fabric. Here's a pic of her in the seat.

image-1931888123.jpg

And one of her fast asleep (taken from the front seat using the mirror).

image-3256981831.jpg

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarr13 View Post
    We had a Foonf in a 15 passenger van, it was great. E could see out wonderfully and loved it, it also gave his rather lanky legs more room than any other seats he had. Only issue was placement, couldn't put him directly in the middle once he got really tall, but with a bunch of kids in the van, someone younger was in the middle next to him.
    E was 47inches and 52lbs when he went to his 4 year old visit and I realized he had maxed out the weight. He did some crazy growing that year, 95+% all around, and to think he came home 2lbs 12oz with horrible GERD and a prayer that he could start gaining. He now is 11 years 11 months, and towering over me.
    Are you sure you're talking about a Foonf? It just came out a few months ago.

10. Thank You from:

Lol....Thanks. I've read and re-read, and not sure what's going on....
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Last edited by Jgarr13; 03-17-2013 at 11:51 PM.

New to the states
    Do you mean you are new to the United States or that Foonf is new to the United States? Either way, the Clek Foonf has only been released anywhere, ever- for a few months. I don't remember exctly the release date, but it was sometime in LATE 2012 or 2013, and we're only 3 months into 2013, so not long at all.

Perhaps you're thinking of a different seat....

Colton 12/21/07 48" 46 lbs- Performance Booster and ProBooster
    Cheyenne 01/05/10 39" 35 lbs- RXT and Pria

Clek is a Canadian company and as far as I know their seats are only available in the US and Canada at this point. Are you sure it's not a Kiddy or Britax? AxKid maybe? The foonf does not come in all black with red accents either.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jgarr13; 03-17-2013 at 11:52 PM.

The oobr has been around for a while buy the foonf has only been around for like 3-4 months max and that is their only harnessed seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    Clek is a Canadian company and as far as I know their seats are only available in the US and Canada at this point. Are you sure it's not a Kiddy or Britax? AxKid maybe? The foonf does not come in all black with red accents either.
    There was no Axkid 6 years ago.

Defiantly not a Britax, aside from him that's what everyone here has used or is still in. We gave it to a friend for extended RF, I'll have to see what she remembers. The sticker could have been his grandmothers doing, she is from Germany and he had gone to visit family a few times.
    Maybe it was this one? Does look vaguely similar in shape to Foonf. But it needs a separate isofix frame to be used RF.
    M, 8, FF in a dark blue HTS BeSafe iziUp X3 Fix [ERFed until 5 years old ]. J, 3, RF in a Chilly Pepper Britax MaxWay or a Black Thunder Britax TWE.

On the other hand, "bar against the seat", it has "latch and anchor" maybe it's the Britax HiWay? Sorry for the offtopick just curious ...
    M, 8, FF in a dark blue HTS BeSafe iziUp X3 Fix [ERFed until 5 years old ]. J, 3, RF in a Chilly Pepper Britax MaxWay or a Black Thunder Britax TWE.

Last edited by Jgarr13; 03-17-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

It was all black with the red bits just like the clek Oober she bought him as well. What older clek models are there?

It looked a lot like this one.

image-2330608898.jpg
    Maybe a Jane seat or a Renolux?
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Kel, what 12p van do you have? Where will you be installing this seat, and with LATCH or seatbelt? I'm asking because the GM & Chev vans have some serious problems with outboard seatbelt installs.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra