I got a new stroller! Valco Zee Two

jordansmom

:love::love::love:

I must have caught DH in a really good mood...he even drove me to pick it up! We are the proud new owners of a brand new Valco Zee Two in blue opal! It is soooo pretty! I have only played with it in the house without my boys, but will play again tomorrow. It will replace a BJCMD. I've hesitated in buying this because of a lack of reviews, but for the price I got it for, it was worth it.

So, anybody want pictures or comparisons to a BJCMD or by itself? :D

ADS

Citrine

I would love to see comparision pictures! I keep going back and forth on the Zee Two and Baby Jogger double. I would love to see how easy the are to fold and how big the are when folded.

JCsMomma

Yes please! Pics, comparison, any bone you want to throw us :D. This one is on my list... Have to wait for a good deal tho since I just bought a P&T Navigator...

Citrine

Thank you very much for taking your time to take a billion pictures and to load them all for us to see. Still not sure which one I want as they look the same when upright and folded. Does your son have a preference? Granted you just got them, but any cons or pros for each?

jordansmom

So why this over the bjcmd?

Thank you very much for taking your time to take a billion pictures and to load them all for us to see. Still not sure which one I want as they look the same when upright and folded. Does your son have a preference? Granted you just got them, but any cons or pros for each?

I had a single BJCM and never loved it, but wanted a lightweight double option for travel and times my older son might need a break. I sold the single and bough a used BJCMD. It was fine, but I never loved it.

The things I strongly disliked on the BJCMD were the lack of access to the basket (it's a huge pain in the butt in my opinion and might as well not be there), the lack of seat support (I believe this was updated on 2012 models), the mesh at the top of the seatback that even my small 3.5 yr old rubs his head into, the brake is not sandal friendly, the wheels always felt wobbly (on new and used ones that I have tried), and I don't like how the seats fold outwards which causes a lot of extra wear on the fabric. I also don't like having the same stroller everyone else has :eek:.

I have a Valco Trimode with joey seat and buggy board, so I was pretty familiar with their products and have always had great customer service from them. I went to a store hoping to try out the new Snap Dual and Zee Two a couple months ago and wasn't that impressed with the fold of the Zee in the store and they didn't have the Snap. Looking back, I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with their floor model because the one I have now is so easy to open and close. I love how the Zee folds into itself, almost like an accordion, and protects the seat fabrics. The seats themselves are a quilted fabric and have lots of padding and support. My camera battery died before I could get pictures of my older son in the stroller, but he definitely has more room in the Zee. I like how I can fold the head bumper back and if he were to ever want to lay down and nap, his head wouldn't be crammed in and rubbing against the top. I also really like the adjustable leg supports. I'm not sure if I will leave the bumper bars on or not. DS1 doesn't want his, but the baby does like to hold on to it occasionally. It seems like it folds a little bit smaller with the bumper bars off. The push is sooooo smooth and easy! There is no wobbling at all! I also like that I could order air tires for it down the line. We are planning on another baby (or two;)) down the line so I'm sure it will get plenty of use! The fold is slightly larger than the BJCMD with the wheels on, but almost identical if you remove the wheels. If you leave the wheels on, it will stand by itself, something the BJCMD doesn't and I loathe! You can also pull it behind you if you leave the wheels unlocked.

I love Valcos! Congrats!
Thanks! Me too!:love:

hunypooh77

I thought I wated a Zee single until I tried it in store. I also found the store model hard to fold and it was really hard to open. The upper hinged part locked easily but the bottom didnt want to lock in place which freaked me out and made me decide against it, I was afraid of it collapsing. I loved the blue opal and that was the color I was going to get. Its a nice stroller, enjoy!!:)

jordansmom

I thought I wated a Zee single until I tried it in store. I also found the store model hard to fold and it was really hard to open. The upper hinged part locked easily but the bottom didnt want to lock in place which freaked me out and made me decide against it, I was afraid of it collapsing. I loved the blue opal and that was the color I was going to get. Its a nice stroller, enjoy!!:)

If you haven't purchased something else already, you might want to give it another shot! I had the same problems with the store model, but nothing like that with ours. The fold has given me no problems at all. The first couple of times I opened it, there was a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm finding it super easy now. If you don't have the brake locked, the lower basket will get hung up on it and not allow the lower parts to separate and lock into open position. Took it to the mall this morning for our first out of the house adventure and it was great. DS1 and DS2 both rode and the push was still easy. I only had to do some very slight correcting with their weight difference. And I was literally able to push them both with one finger! The only potential problem I could see with the push, is the non-adjustable handlebar height...I am 5'5" with longer arms and stride and don't come close to kicking the back. If you were very tall, you might run into problems there. DH is 5'8" and likes to keep his arms bent close when he pushes, so we will have to see how he does with it.

Mercuria

I don't know when it's coming out, but the 2013 single will have a telescoping handle (and a black frame). I don't think the double gets it, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC