Question WWYD 12yo middle seat 3rd row T&C...

MamanMag

... Seat belt against her neck... I feel VERY incomfortable with that!! This can't be safe, right? She is 57" tall 78#, torso 28". She is in a harmony literider since she is not 5-stepping on that 3rd row (seats are very slopped back there) I am thinking about putting her in a HBB to guide that weird belt against her shoulder. I really would like to keep her in that 3rd row in the middle. She is in between 2 RFing CCO's. WWYD?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!

Mag

ADS

Mamasboys

Have you tried the shoulder belt guide on the booster? I had to use it when my oldest was about that size. *This* close to 5-stepping, needed the LBB for lap belt positioning, but still needed the shoulder belt guide to position the shoulder belt.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The belt against her neck is only dangerous if it bothers her into putting the shoulder belt under her arm or behind her back. From a crash safety standpoint it is perfectly safe.

allhiskids

Sounds like you have a good plan working. What are her thoughts? I would listen to her about low back or high back since she is close to passing.
My dd2 is twelve but 62 inches, 120+ pounds

MamanMag

Have you tried the shoulder belt guide on the booster? I had to use it when my oldest was about that size. *This* close to 5-stepping, needed the LBB for lap belt positioning, but still needed the shoulder belt guide to position the shoulder belt.

Those always seem to be such a pain to use... But I can definitely try! I forgot about it... Thanks for reminding me!

MamanMag

The belt against her neck is only dangerous if it bothers her into putting the shoulder belt under her arm or behind her back. From a crash safety standpoint it is perfectly safe.

She doesn't move it but I'm just worried that in an accident the belt would cut her throat...

MamanMag

Sounds like you have a good plan working. What are her thoughts? I would listen to her about low back or high back since she is close to passing.
My dd2 is twelve but 62 inches, 120+ pounds

She actually would like a HBB because she thinks it'll be more comfortable... I'm looking at a Cruiser fix because she could have it until she reaches 63" and it's narrow but we'll see since it doesn't seem to be a safety issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC