foonf vs pria vs sure fit

Kel

Hi all, I've been asking alot of questions on many seats. I just cant decide. I was intending to leave DS in his current seat until he outgrew it. But, I'm going to need his seat for my babysitting 12mos old.

My DS is in a MR65, witch I love. He has about 2" of hard shell left, 3" total. He has a nice amount of leg room left. He's has a longer torso for sure.

He's 2yrs 10 mos. 37.5" and 34lbs. I like the Sure Ride for the high top slots ffing. The foonf for the weight. And the pria for the top slot hieght.

I want to rf until 4 if possible, then use the seat I get ff until booster age.

I have a huge 12 Passenger van. So size don't matter, but....the foonf May put him up really high, maybe he'll touch the ceiling to much....

ADS

Kel

Thank you. How old was E at the time? I think that's why DS loves the My Ride, he can see out the Windows, lol. So I guess that's a plus I wasn't thinking of.

shellwelly

I can't speak to the other seats, but I love DD's Pria. The fabric is much more breathable than any other seat I've touched, and the padding seems super comfy. DD falls asleep it it more often than not (rather difficult to get home before nap time without a cat nap in the car first)! She is 20 months, was 24lbs and 31" at her 18 month check up, and has tons of leg room. I chose the seat for the RF weight limit, height of the harness, no-rethread harness, and the plushness of the fabric. Here's a pic of her in the seat.

image-1931888123.jpg

And one of her fast asleep (taken from the front seat using the mirror).

image-3256981831.jpg

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
We had a Foonf in a 15 passenger van, it was great. E could see out wonderfully and loved it, it also gave his rather lanky legs more room than any other seats he had. Only issue was placement, couldn't put him directly in the middle once he got really tall, but with a bunch of kids in the van, someone younger was in the middle next to him.

E was 47inches and 52lbs when he went to his 4 year old visit and I realized he had maxed out the weight. He did some crazy growing that year, 95+% all around, and to think he came home 2lbs 12oz with horrible GERD and a prayer that he could start gaining. He now is 11 years 11 months, and towering over me.

Are you sure you're talking about a Foonf? It just came out a few months ago.

Lenae

New to the states

Do you mean you are new to the United States or that Foonf is new to the United States? Either way, the Clek Foonf has only been released anywhere, ever- for a few months. I don't remember exctly the release date, but it was sometime in LATE 2012 or 2013, and we're only 3 months into 2013, so not long at all.

Perhaps you're thinking of a different seat....

Phineasmama

Clek is a Canadian company and as far as I know their seats are only available in the US and Canada at this point. Are you sure it's not a Kiddy or Britax? AxKid maybe? The foonf does not come in all black with red accents either.

Phineasmama

The oobr has been around for a while buy the foonf has only been around for like 3-4 months max and that is their only harnessed seat.

_juune

Clek is a Canadian company and as far as I know their seats are only available in the US and Canada at this point. Are you sure it's not a Kiddy or Britax? AxKid maybe? The foonf does not come in all black with red accents either.
There was no Axkid 6 years ago.

Defiantly not a Britax, aside from him that's what everyone here has used or is still in. We gave it to a friend for extended RF, I'll have to see what she remembers. The sticker could have been his grandmothers doing, she is from Germany and he had gone to visit family a few times.
Maybe it was this one? Does look vaguely similar in shape to Foonf. But it needs a separate isofix frame to be used RF.

Keeanh

Kel, what 12p van do you have? Where will you be installing this seat, and with LATCH or seatbelt? I'm asking because the GM & Chev vans have some serious problems with outboard seatbelt installs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC