WWYD? re: Harness strap covers

laurengt

I know that aftermarket covers are not approved. That said, I am contemplating making a thin cover to go around the straps on our Maestro -- like, just a single layer of jersey or maybe bamboo velour. My son doesn't ride in that seat often but he is really picky and complains EVERY. TIME. he gets in it about the straps on his neck.
How bad of an idea would that be? WWYD? (And, why can't Evenflo just come out with covers for that seat?!) Just curious others' thoughts. (I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't find the threads, sorry.)

ADS

jujumum

A lot of discussions on this topic include chopping of the toes of kid socks and using them. That's what I plan on doing if my Maestro starts to annoy my son. I don't know if Evenflo has thoughts on this, though.

creideamh

I use thin strap covers on my Evenflo seats mostly in the summer when it's not really possible to pull up a tank top shirt collar. They're thinner than jacket material and don't interfere with tightening at all, and it's better than DD crying and getting red marks from the straps. *speaking as a parent, not a tech*

laurengt

A lot of discussions on this topic include chopping of the toes of kid socks and using them. That's what I plan on doing if my Maestro starts to annoy my son. I don't know if Evenflo has thoughts on this, though.

I emailed Evenflo and they say they have no current plans to test/include covers with the Maestro. Sad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC