Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

WWYD? re: Harness strap covers

I know that aftermarket covers are not approved. That said, I am contemplating making a thin cover to go around the straps on our Maestro -- like, just a single layer of jersey or maybe bamboo velour. My son doesn't ride in that seat often but he is really picky and complains EVERY. TIME. he gets in it about the straps on his neck.
    How bad of an idea would that be? WWYD? (And, why can't Evenflo just come out with covers for that seat?!) Just curious others' thoughts. (I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't find the threads, sorry.)
    Lauren: Detention Officer & CPST
    Mom to JRR (12/2009) -- riding in a Cybex M-Fix; occasional use: EvenFlo LBB, BubbleBum, & MiFold
    and LDM (4/2013) -- FF in a Clek Foonf & Britax Frontier ClickTight.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Mine has thin flannel covers.
    N - 6/08 51" 59 lbs, Backless Monterey
    E - 11/09 48" 48 lbs, Parkway

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

Re: WWYD? re: Harness strap covers

A lot of discussions on this topic include chopping of the toes of kid socks and using them. That's what I plan on doing if my Maestro starts to annoy my son. I don't know if Evenflo has thoughts on this, though.

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

5. Thank You from:

Re: WWYD? re: Harness strap covers

I use thin strap covers on my Evenflo seats mostly in the summer when it's not really possible to pull up a tank top shirt collar. They're thinner than jacket material and don't interfere with tightening at all, and it's better than DD crying and getting red marks from the straps. *speaking as a parent, not a tech*
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by jujumum View Post
    A lot of discussions on this topic include chopping of the toes of kid socks and using them. That's what I plan on doing if my Maestro starts to annoy my son. I don't know if Evenflo has thoughts on this, though.
    I emailed Evenflo and they say they have no current plans to test/include covers with the Maestro. Sad.
    Lauren: Detention Officer & CPST
    Mom to JRR (12/2009) -- riding in a Cybex M-Fix; occasional use: EvenFlo LBB, BubbleBum, & MiFold
    and LDM (4/2013) -- FF in a Clek Foonf & Britax Frontier ClickTight.