Question Are these seats too close together or is it safe?

colt's mom

I am trying to install an infant carrier (Chicco Key Fit) next to a RF Radian in a honda Accord. The Radian is behind the driver's seat using latch. I want the Chicco in the center seat (no latch). I was able to get both seats installed, but they press against eachother really tight. it is fine w/ just the base of the Chicco installed, but when I put the carrier in I have to push the Radian to the side a little bit to be able to attach it to the base. There is definately pressure between the two seats touching. Both are still upright and don't seem to be leaning, but I am wondering if it is safe to have them touching w/ pressure like this?

I tried sliding the Radian over further from the center, but with the latch it is impossible. it keeps the seat centered

ADS

colt's mom

I haven't tried the seat belt yet so I'm not certain that will allow the Radian to be positioned further over or not. I had the same concern on the bucket clipping in, but I can hear it click pretty loudly when attaches properly so as long as I make an effort to pay attention I think that will be okay. Aside from the concern of the bucket clipping in, is it okay to have pressure between the seats?

Jessica61624

Its ok but not ideal. I was in the same situation with mine. I was confident it clicked in. Got to put destination to find it really wasn't. In my car there was only one way to install the radian outboard. I ended up moving the keyfit outboard and putting my dd in the center.

maramarrie

I've been told by techs that as long as each seat is secure on its own it's ok that they are snug together. Just make sure you are checking the click of the infant seat. We had to push down on the touching side of our KeyFit to make sure we heard the clicks on that side, but my check was to always pull back up on it and make sure everything was attached.

tanusscott22

Our infant carrier is the same way, I put it in and it clicks once, then it push down on the side that is touching the other seat, and it clicks again.

Keeanh

Yeah, Keyfit needs to click twice. And I would try a seatbelt install and see if that gets you more room.

colt's mom

Tried the seatbelt yesterday. No luck. Due to the way the back seat curves, the radian has to center on it. I'm able to offset the Chico a little, though any further and itd be too crooked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC