Question Chicco netfit vs. britax

U

Unregistered

I am looking for a convertible car seat for my 13 month old daughter. I am trying to decided between the new chicco nextfit convertible and the britax pavilion. Which do you think is better? why? Or do you recommend another seat. Thank you in advance for you input.

ADS
U

Unregistered

She's wears a 18month onesie just because she's tall and thin, but I don't need it to last forever because I plan on using a seprate booster when she reaches that stage. I also would like to add that I need to have 3 across in the back my car (one booster for 6 yr old, a infant seat for newborn arriving in June, and this convertible).

jjordan

Needing 3 across changes everything. You need to look at the big picture and choose a seat that will work in your 3 across. A Britax might or might not work, a NextFit might or might not work, and any number of other good convertibles might or might not work. What is the year/make/model of your car? If you're lucky, someone here might have experience with it and be able to help you figure out what combinations of seats will fit. Otherwise, your best bet might be going to a store with a large selection of seats (like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby) and trying things in your car. If you already have an infant seat and a booster that you would like to use, bring those along. Try a variety of convertibles in a variety of set-ups and see what fits. Once you find a combination that you like that seems to fit, then go ahead and install all of the seats (for the booster, check that there is room for it to be buckled) and make sure that they can be installed correctly when you're using all of them. (This is usually easier if you use seatbelts rather than LATCH to install.) You want the seats to be independently tight, which means that if you remove one seat, then the other is still tight.

I assume you do already have a booster for the 6 year old, do you have an infant seat that you plan to use? What are the seats?

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
What car?

Not the Britax for a tall child. Our tall long torsoed kids outgrew the classic bv (taller then the new version) rf just past 2y and ff before turning 4y.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC