Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Chicco netfit vs. britax

I am looking for a convertible car seat for my 13 month old daughter. I am trying to decided between the new chicco nextfit convertible and the britax pavilion. Which do you think is better? why? Or do you recommend another seat. Thank you in advance for you input.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    How tall and heavy is she, and what size onesie does she wear?

Unregistered

Re: Chicco netfit vs. britax

She's wears a 18month onesie just because she's tall and thin, but I don't need it to last forever because I plan on using a seprate booster when she reaches that stage. I also would like to add that I need to have 3 across in the back my car (one booster for 6 yr old, a infant seat for newborn arriving in June, and this convertible).

The NextFit goes taller rear facing so I'd go with it between the two. Both are easy to install and use but the NextFit lasts longer.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

Moderator - CPS Technician

Needing 3 across changes everything. You need to look at the big picture and choose a seat that will work in your 3 across. A Britax might or might not work, a NextFit might or might not work, and any number of other good convertibles might or might not work. What is the year/make/model of your car? If you're lucky, someone here might have experience with it and be able to help you figure out what combinations of seats will fit. Otherwise, your best bet might be going to a store with a large selection of seats (like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby) and trying things in your car. If you already have an infant seat and a booster that you would like to use, bring those along. Try a variety of convertibles in a variety of set-ups and see what fits. Once you find a combination that you like that seems to fit, then go ahead and install all of the seats (for the booster, check that there is room for it to be buckled) and make sure that they can be installed correctly when you're using all of them. (This is usually easier if you use seatbelts rather than LATCH to install.) You want the seats to be independently tight, which means that if you remove one seat, then the other is still tight.

I assume you do already have a booster for the 6 year old, do you have an infant seat that you plan to use? What are the seats?
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

CPS Technician
    What car?

Not the Britax for a tall child. Our tall long torsoed kids outgrew the classic bv (taller then the new version) rf just past 2y and ff before turning 4y.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

Definitely depends on your vehicle. The Radian is normally good for 3 across but isn't always easy to install in some vehicles.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

Unregistered

I have a 2011 dodge charger