W.w.y.d?

vangelder03

Ds who is 8 (turns 9 in sept) has started to be a horrible booster rider.
Slouches unbuckled leans forward I tell him to stop and he doesn't.
He is driving me crazy.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Long shot, but do you have a harness that will fit him? Any friends that have one that you could borrow? I think threatening to put him back in a harness might do it, but I'd want to have a way to follow through if necessary.

mominabigtruck

My kids are easily bribeable, all I have to do is threaten to not stop for refreshments. My kids will do anything for a slushie and donut.

Although, the other day ds1 wouldn't buckle in because he was mad he had to sit in the back so I told him if he didn't he could get his butt out of the van. He realized I was serious after I started to pull out and leave him in the shopping center in front of the dollar store.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
At that age it's a discipline issue. If a child is capable of riding safely and chooses not to, that child has shown s/he is not responsible enough for certain privileges.

vangelder03

Long shot, but do you have a harness that will fit him? Any friends that have one that you could borrow? I think threatening to put him back in a harness might do it, but I'd want to have a way to follow through if necessary.

I have a frontier 85 he would fit in.

mrosehughes

I'd put him in the frontier, too. If he's not mature enough to sit properly in a booster, he needs to sit in a harness -- great that you have one that will fit. I doubt it will take long to convince him to sit properly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC