help...need convertible for newbie

mamah

so dc#4 is on the way, due in May. dd1 is 6, in a radian. ds1 is 4, in a radian. ds2 is 2, in a RF scenera. the plan was to give our other (Extra) scenere to dd2. both the sceneras have about 2 years left on them. them move them to radians. (new ones, as the older 2 will sit in theirs until they expire).

but, my mom offered to buy dd2 a new seat. i'm not sure what i want. i do love the radians, but RF they make it hard for the older dc to get into the back. (we have a suburban with captains chairs in middle.)

my thoughts are:

radian100, so she could use it forever.

or, maybe a nicer, smaller convertible, like the combi cocorro?

or do i just get a new scenera apr 40rf, since i plan to move her eventually?

the maxi cosi pria looks very pretty, but i would like to keep price around 200 or less, as i'm sure we will need a new radian for ds2 in another year or so.

also...we plan to have a 5th child, so i will need the 3 radians to fit across my 3rd row. (dd1 is pretty tiny, so i'm sure she will make it quite some time in the radian)

any ideas?

ADS

kaharris83

I just got a Nextfit and I think it would be great for a newborn. I also love our Coccoro and my DS2 has been in it since birth, but it has a much shorter useful life since it is so small. We travel a lot so it serves that purpose for us. I love our Radian too though. ;) Guess I'm not much help.

mamah

i know...i'm thinking radian will last her the longest. but cocorro would be good for a while, then could hand it down.

buuuut....i'f i'm going to hand down the seat, then there isn't much point in moving from the cocorro to a radian, is there? (except it would be hard to 3across much else?)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It sounds like the world is your oyster! Practically anything you choose will work, especially if your Radians still have a lot of "life" left in them. :)

For now:
DD1-- Radian
DS1-- Radian
DS2-- Scenera
DD2-- whatever you choose :)
DC#5-- not in the picture yet :p

In a year or two (when your oldest is ready for a booster OR when the Sceneras expire):
DD1-- booster
DS1-- Radian
DS2-- Radian
DD2-- Scenera if it isn't yet expired or the new seat your mom is buying
DC5 (if here)-- a new seat such as Scenera-type seat?

Three or four years from now
DD1-- booster
DS1-- booster
DS2-- Radian (if it isn't expired yet)
DD2-- Radian (if it isn't expired yet)
DC5 (if here)-- the new seat your mom is buying or a Scenera-type seat

I would probably go with a Radian because you think you'll need it soon, anyway. The NextFit looks awesome, but it is wide. Since you think you'll need flexibility with three-across scenarios, it is possibly too wide.

The Coccoro would probably be good, too, but won't last you nearly as long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC