Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New seat in Daddy's car.

We got a great deal so DH got his Recaro. He's really happy that you can see Recaro through the little side window. DD1 will be 5 in June, I was going to make her wait until August but she's been great on her few trial rides so we're test driving the booster.

I also broke down and took out the RF since every time DH went to lunch with someone at work the seat got pushed back into it so DD2 gets to ride FF in daddy's car. She's super happy about the cup holders.

We drove all the way next door to pick up sunglasses and show off the Recaro. silly boy.
    N - 6/08 51" 59 lbs, Backless Monterey
    E - 11/09 48" 48 lbs, Parkway

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    They look great! Your DD's are super cute, too I love the look of the ProBooster, and it sounds like your DH is over the moon about it!
    -Angela

Thanks, I think they are cute too. We've done a few short rides in the booster. Drive 4 miles to the store to get chocolate sit a picnic table and consume chocolate and drive home. It usually puts the kids in a great mood.

DH's eyes got huge the first time I mentioned getting him a Recaro and he assumed it would cost too much. Then I found one for not much more than a Turbobooster, be refused to talk me out of it. It works great in his car and is pretty easy to buckle. He's also happy it showed up in the wrong color.

Re: New seat in Daddy's car.

Your girls are adorable! Glad your DH is thrilled about the new seat.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Cute girls! I'm glad they like their new seats.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Now he wants them to match but that Maestro is staying in because I'm using latch in his car until they are both in boosters. It may be a very long time because Emma isn't showing a hint of impulse control yet.

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agave View Post
    Thanks, I think they are cute too. We've done a few short rides in the booster. Drive 4 miles to the store to get chocolate sit a picnic table and consume chocolate and drive home. It usually puts the kids in a great mood.

DH's eyes got huge the first time I mentioned getting him a Recaro and he assumed it would cost too much. Then I found one for not much more than a Turbobooster, be refused to talk me out of it. It works great in his car and is pretty easy to buckle. He's also happy it showed up in the wrong color.
    What color was it supposed to be?
    -Angela

It was listed as blue from NBD.

He showed it off to more friends today.

Is that the ultra-plush Midnight fabric? If so, I'm jealous. Recaro had the BEST plush fabrics back in the day. I think the only one they still make is Midnight.

Me & the kids at Dorel

Yep it's midnight. The kids couldn't keep their hands off it in the box, I had to hide it. The soft makes up for it not being a nauseating pink and for the lack of cup holders.

Quote Originally Posted by agave View Post
    Yep it's midnight. The kids couldn't keep their hands off it in the box, I had to hide it. The soft makes up for it not being a nauseating pink and for the lack of cup holders.

Yup. I totally understand!

Me & the kids at Dorel