Arm rests of Graco boosters?

hedgefun

Can anyone confirm if the arm rests of the Graco boosters are all the same? The regular turbo is a beast to buckle in my car (based on the one time I had to do it), and I'm pretty sure it's because of the arm rests. I was thinking about getting the version with safety surround or the affix, but if the arm rests are the same... no way! I apparently photo-skills-deficient and can't tell by googling the photos and comparing.

Alternatively, does anyone have any photos of how high the arm rests on the Graco boosters can be raised?

The amp (which I borrowed once) buckles great in my car... but I'm not crazy about Evenflo's booster line. Of course I'd love to get the Kiddy Cruiserfix, but that's unfortunately out of my price range for right now. :thumbsdown:

I do have a GN that I have never used as a booster, so I could always convert that and see how it works and buy another harnessed seat. But of course it would be cheaper to buy a booster. So many choices!

Of course if it was up to me, I'd buy one of each of the following: Foonf, NextFit, Pria, Cruizerfix, Probooster, and Parkway SGL. But unfortunately I haven't won the lotto yet, so... yeah...

ADS

MommyShannon

I'm not sure about the armrests, but my dd buckles by pulling out extra seatbelt, buckling, then tucking the shoulder strap under the armrest.

wnkw

Were the armrests on the top slot? Dd1 rarely rides in one, but did the other day next to dd2s seat and it was awfully hard yo get buckled bc it needed to be on the higher slots.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

jacqui276

Not sure if this helps for picturing the height but this is a tb with the arm rests in the top slot. There is about 3 inches between the seat and bottom of arm rest. DD finds it easy to buckle (easier than her literider).

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130311_150608.png
    ForumRunner_20130311_150608.png
    236 KB · Views: 20

hedgefun

I'm not sure about the armrests, but my dd buckles by pulling out extra seatbelt, buckling, then tucking the shoulder strap under the armrest.

We buckled exactly that way and had major issues still. (Thanks for throwing that out there though!). The buckle stalk was extra hard to reach if that makes sense at all. Someone else asked about the arm rest height... I think the armrests were in the lowest possible position - which is fine for her moms can where the buckles are super easy to reach in the captains chairs.

I think there is hope that turbos might work in my car as long as the arm rests are in a higher position.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, pics, & links!!!

hedgefun

Not sure if this helps for picturing the height but this is a tb with the arm rests in the top slot. There is about 3 inches between the seat and bottom of arm rest. DD finds it easy to buckle (easier than her literider).

That definitely helps! I'm pretty sure the TB I borrowed had them on the lower slot. I'm pretty sure the higher slot would work. Thanks so much!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC