Question Pria vs. Peg vs. Nextfit

thepote

DD is 2y4m, 29lbs, 31" /more torso than legs. She is currently in a RadianXT, but I want that to be her backup seat for now. She's on the first slot that you can use the headwings -- totally even with that slot, sometimes a hair under in disposable diaper/no sweater.

I'm thinking Pria, Peg, or Nextfit.

This will be RF in the off-center captain's chair in the Odyssey, so any of these would be fine for SIP.

Considerations:

Legroom is really important to me. I had purchased the Radian for DS3 to continue to RF because his legs were squished in his MA, so I don't want to go with a lot less leg room than the RN.

Rebound control. Personal preference for an older RF-er. If I go with Peg, would it be better to wait until they release the ARB model or will the older models be fine since they said it would be retroactive?

Tallness for ERF. Can someone rank these in order of tallness?

Gravy:

Nice harness and buckles and smooth harness adjuster. I like the Radian's harness and buckles, but pretty much anything will be smoother than the ratchet harness adjuster, right?

Thanks for any input!

ADS

siazikk

Bumping for you, also trying to decide between Peg and Nextfit. My deciding factor is how they fit in a small car. The Peg gives me the room I need front to back, I'd like to know if the Nextfit will do the same, or the Pria? The Radian is too big for my car or I would get it (love the Radian).

lauti

No insight on legroom but while my Pria harness is nice - smooth as butter it isn't, so if that's important to you, you may be disappointed. I leave the tightness in tact because it's very hard to tighten otherwise.

nataliem257

I don't have personal experience with any of these, but from my impressions from other people, in order from tallest to shortest:

Nextfit, pria, peg

As for legroom the pria looks awesome, peg looks decent, and the nextfit seems to vary widely from car to car. Some are saying less than a boulevard, some are saying close to a radian. Keep in mind on the height the pria has a 40" limit, the other 2 go by the 1" rule. (If any of this is wrong someone please correct me)

stephpook

I have no experience with the Pria or Peg, but in my experience, the NextFit has less legroom than the Radian although it's an inch or two taller if that helps any. Also, the NextFit harness adjuster is very, very smooth.

Lenae

I just got the Pria, and I love love :love: it. I didn't consider the Nextfit because Sassy required a pink seat, and I couldn't find the Peg in store to check it out. I can't really compare the three against one another, but I can compare it to the RXT.

Pros vs. RXT:
Smooth harness adjuster
More legroom
Cushier
Two RF recline positions, so no AA needed
Lighter (big one for me, I hate lugging around the super heavy RXT)
WAY easier install
Higher sides

Cons vs. RXT
40" height limit
40lbs RF weight limit
No RF tether

If I had to choose between the Pria and the RXT, I'd buy the Pria. It is the cushiest seat I've ever been in contact with. The cover is a beautiful color, and Sassy loves the feel of it. I like the higher sides of the Pria, because my kids ride outboard, and the RXT is just so low profile. If I had side airbags, I'd worry less, but I don't. Everything about the Pria was easy to use, and I just really love it. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC