Apparently carseats make great nests

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am trying to get her to send pictures of what is left of the seat...

My friend is expecting her second child in early May. When her daughter outgrew her infant seat a little over a year ago, my friend cleaned the cover, wiped off the shell, and neatly packaged the seat in a box and put it on the top shelf of some metal shelves she has in her garage.

She went to get the seat out yesterday and found that the harness had been chewed, the cover shredded, and the base used as a base for a giant mouse nest. There was a hole in the corner of the box and the entire bottom of the box was full of droppings.

Apparently carseat covers make great nesting material and carseats make great nests for rodents.

Gross. :eek:

My friend is upset, but said she can use this as an excuse to get a whole new seat. :p She would need a new cover and harness anyway!

Those are some determined mice. They climbed up the metal shelves, chewed into the box, and nested in the seat. Determined little buggers!

ADS

Mamasboys

Oh no :(. Uh yeah, no need to put a baby in somethings mice *POOPED* in. I'm not sure there exists a cleaner strong enough to remove that memory from a mama's mind. I hope that was the only thing destroyed (and your friend is able to replace it without much hardship).

We live with a beautiful river as a backdrop to our property. But the rats and mice (and the feral cats that follow them) the water attracts, ugh! We can't leave ANYthing remotely usable as a nest in the garage. Those varmints are RESOURCEFUL, that's for sure.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yuck. That's a lot worse than what I found in my car seat the other day...

599924_10151451658779326_1850056910_n.jpg

Keeyamah

I've found my cats in my car seats all the time when I have one in the house.... only annoying due to the ridiculous amount of hair that got in there.

flutie128

I have an outgrown Scerena sitting in the basement that our cat likes to sit/sleep in. Mice are a whole lot grosser.

Xandra

Yuck. That's a lot worse than what I found in my car seat the other day...

Wow, that could be one of those things on FB where you have to work to figure out the picture! When I first looked I thought penguin, then owl :ROFL:

mykidsmylife

When Johnathon was a baby I picked up a $2 infant seat with the harness tied together in the back (from a yard sale) for my Mom to use as a spare. Her husband put it in the storage room and the neighborhood cat gave birth in it. Good thing because it got trashed. ;)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Wow, that could be one of those things on FB where you have to work to figure out the picture! When I first looked I thought penguin, then owl :ROFL:

Yeah, I know! I took the picture from that angle because I didn't want her to see me. I then started to sneak around to the front of the porch to take a better picture, but DH decided to come out and see what I was doing, carrying DD, and of course she yells "MOM!" and wakes the dog up. *sigh*

DH's excuse: "I didn't know she was going to make noise."

So I get a picture of my dog but you can't even tell it's a dog.

When are we going to get pictures of mice nesting in the infant seat? ;)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I could tell it was a dog. She looks JUST like my nanny family's German Shorthair Pointer. I :love: them!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC