Are you still in love with your Peg Convertible?

siazikk

Hello Peg owners! Do you still love it? I read an Amazon review that one user experienced the fabric ripping where it attached to the harness. Has anyone here experienced this?
Help me decide between the Peg and Nextfit for a small car (Toyota Matrix) LO is 16 mo, only 19lbs and 31in.
I wonder how the fabric compares (the coolness of it in the heat of summer) and the use of flame retardants, etc... The Peg has me sold on their fabric, comfort and front to back space for a small car. I have no info on the Chico fabric. Thanks!

ADS

molly&elle

I have no idea, but am subbing as I looked at one yesterday and I really liked it, So it's on my list to buy

Citrine

I have had my Peg for 9months now. I love it. Butter smooth harness adjustment. My fabric is not tearing at the harness location like you said a reviewer said. I do not switch it from car to car. I have had it RF in a 2012 Passat with no problems. I do wish the belt path was bigger. I have to grab the selt belt with the ends of my finger tips, but I get it done. Only other seat I have had to compare it to is a Britax Wizard I used from 2005-2010. My 15mo old loves the seat and does not complaine about it. She falls asleep in it. I really have no buyers remorse. Love it love it love it!

EmmaGrace'sMom

We've had ours for a month I guess, still love it. The fabric seems like it will hold up very well. DD got crumbs all in it and I simply took it out of the car and turned it over they all brushed out...and the fabric looked like new!

I have only installed with LATCH, I love the latch install....it's very much like the old Britax install which I loved!

Phineasmama

I've had mine for a couple months and I am very happy with it! Right now DS is using it forward facing, but I have had the baby RFing in it too. I've never had a problem installing it, the harness adjustment is very easy, I love the seat overall.

Spam

I've only had mine a few weeks, but really do love it. I haven't had any problems with the fabric ripping, I :love: the fabric. When I first installed it I thought how crappy it made it my cowmoo blvd70 look, it's just very sleek and nice. It doesn't take up much front to back space and is so easy to adjust. It's much easier to load ds3 and he doesn't fight like he did in the blvd70. He sleeps wonderfully in it, he fell asleep in it in the house when I first got it and tried him out in it, he was out within five minutes while I was reading the manual and making adjustments lol. The harness covers are very plush, I had to remove them, he has a cast for scoliosis and with the harness covers it really gave him a turtle look if you know what I mean. I can't compare it to the nextfit as I haven't played with one yet, that was also on my list, but after seeing pics of it I think I'd prefer loading him in the lower sides of the Peg. The install is easy, I just put the seatbelt through one side, let it fall in the center and pick it up from the other side with the seat pulled out away from the vehicle seat back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC