Booster pros...

Jessica61624

What will fit were a Frontier & turbo barely fit? I was thinking oobr? I may not be able to latch it though. And its going next to a rf radian.

ADS

aept

Parkway SGL isn't to bad narrowness-wise. It fits in our Prius 3-across next to a RF Radian 65. However, since its so tight in there we have to pull it out to the side a little to buckle it and then slide it and the kid back into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

Parkway SGL isn't to bad narrowness-wise. It fits in our Prius 3-across next to a RF Radian 65. However, since its so tight in there we have to pull it out to the side a little to buckle it and then slide it and the kid back into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I'm hoping to avoid this but I will keep it on mind!

momtoo3

It's gonna sound strange but in the really tight 3 across in dh's Malibu, the Monterey was the easiest hbb to buckle because it is narrower at the armrests. We had Monterey/FF MyRide/nbb and Monterey/ FF MA70/nbb in there. The MyRide is the best for tight 3 acrosses. Especially when next to another seat facing the same direction.

Is your older son RF or FF?

momtoo3

Ooh..the new Harmony Folding Booster at Walmart looks promising. I got a CruiserFix Pro for ds3 but I bet the Harmony one would have fit, I just didn't read about it until after I ordered the CruiserFix.

Jessica61624

It's gonna sound strange but in the really tight 3 across in dh's Malibu, the Monterey was the easiest hbb to buckle because it is narrower at the armrests. We had Monterey/FF MyRide/nbb and Monterey/ FF MA70/nbb in there. The MyRide is the best for tight 3 acrosses. Especially when next to another seat facing the same direction.

Is your older son RF or FF?

Right now he's ff outboard. The radians don't Rf next to each other. I have a Blvd that will fit there but that puts him next to his sister. And they usually kick each other.

The Monterey actually didn't fit. The sides flare out. So while you'd think anything would fit it makes it near impossible.

Jessica61624

Ooh..the new Harmony Folding Booster at Walmart looks promising. I got a CruiserFix Pro for ds3 but I bet the Harmony one would have fit, I just didn't read about it until after I ordered the CruiserFix.

Looks pretty narrow. Wonder how wide it is.

momtoo3

Right now he's ff outboard. The radians don't Rf next to each other. I have a Blvd that will fit there but that puts him next to his sister. And they usually kick each other.

The Monterey actually didn't fit. The sides flare out. So while you'd think anything would fit it makes it near impossible.

Okay, yeah it was tighter with the MA70 next to the Monterey (like way tighter) but the Monterey wings fit under the sides of a FF MyRide so the wings flaring out worked for us until ds3 was done with the MR. Could you get your hands on a MR to try?

And measurements for the Harmony are in the OP of this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=239707.

Jessica61624

Myride would have to be in the center. Booster can't go in the center. Its only 11in between belt stalk and seat belt. Plus I don't think it would be a good long term set up. The folding booster looks promising. I wish it was easy to try things out in your car.

momtoo3

Myride would have to be in the center. Booster can't go in the center. Its only 11in between belt stalk and seat belt. Plus I don't think it would be a good long term set up. The folding booster looks promising. I wish it was easy to try things out in your car.

I would try the MR center. I am almost positive the base is 11 inches on the MR. If it works with a booster on one side (Monterey may work just depends on the vehicle) and the RN on the other side could your ds2 use the RN? Then if you think about it by the time ds1 needs a booster you can put another one on the other side of the MR and put ds2 in the MR at that point.

And yeah it sucks trying to find seats that fit without being able to actually try before you buy. I feel your pain.

I took dh's Malibu to BRU and BBB for over 3 hours trying every combo that the kids could fit in. Nothing worked and I cried on the way home. Then ds3 grew a bit and the CruiserFix came out. By some miracle it worked in the middle for us (I think we have 12 in exactly in the middle) but I had to move ds2 to a backless. He will be 8 in June so I am trying to be okay with it.

Maybe pick up the Harmony booster and try it with what you have and if it won't work take it to BRU and try a MR. Oh and the MR FF is amazing for preventing kicking siblings since the sides are so high. It doesn't however prevent all touching or pinching :p :rolleyes:.

momtoo3

I haven't tried a RN next to a MR but I would imagine with the RN being so low profile and the MR sitting so high it would work. I bet someone else would be able to answer that though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC