Pic of Triumph Advanced ;)

arly1983

Because I am just weird that way:p

I was trying the kids out because my Mom requested one seat that could fit all 3 of her grandkids and be LESS than $200 and easy to use and NOT the radian. WAY too long RFing in her car.

So anyway here is DD 13 months, 22 lbs, 29.5 inches and DS 30 months, 34 lbs, 40.5 ins. Overall impression, I REALLY loved it:love:

Picture415.jpg

Picture416.jpg

Picture413.jpg

Picture414.jpg

ADS

3acorns4Christy

YAY! I'm glad it fits your little ones that good!

We will be pitching in with my MIL to buy that for her car after my Nephew is born. Since she likes to take Joel out for icecream etc and will have baby Q in her car a lot, it will work great for their size difference.

arly1983

The bottom setting is soooo low, I am sure it would be quite nice for most infants. My little niece will be born soon as well.

LuvBug

so you will be getting it for her car?
thats great!

I really liked the new triumph when I played with it... too bad DS doesnt really fit :( it looks like if we needed a spare seat for all 3 of the grandkids then it would be the como... but Im not willing to pay that for a spare seat :p we can just play musical chairs when we want to all take 1 car.

Yoshi

we love ours, too!!!!!! It works fine, even the adjustments- no problem. (with daily use for 2 months)When I got DD out yesterday, I pulled the harness out all the way and as high as it would go and she had 3" of room!(40" tall, 40 lbs, 14.75" torso)

arly1983

Yep, he has quite a bit of torso room and is quite comfortable in it. He might actually make it over 40 lbs before he outgrows it.

We will get one of these for my mom's car but will probably order a Sandbox one from BRU when they come back in stock. I can't wait. I am actually going to use it in my van for a little while probably to see how Camille (and me) likes it.

ajay

I just got the Triumph Advanced and I LOVE it too! :love: My son is happier in it than in his Marathon. :whistle:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, question. I playing with one at Target and the straps move down really easy. Is anyone afraid that FFing, they will move down during the crash, or am I just overly nervous?

LuvBug

Ok, question. I playing with one at Target and the straps move down really easy. Is anyone afraid that FFing, they will move down during the crash, or am I just overly nervous?

some of the floor models appear to be broken. If you take one out of the box its suppose to "click" it to place and it doesnt slip.

arly1983

Yes, it is supposed to click into place.

This is the 4th one I have played with (target, walmart, TRU, and kmart) but the first time I have had the kids with me (and a camera). All of the ones I have played with clicked into place.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Now I don't think it's as tall as I previously thought it would be. I'm looking for a seat to RF E for those extra 2 lbs, but I don't know which seats would be tall enough for him. It will have to be the Uptown or the Triumph Advance. Someone that has it - will you please measure from the seat to the top of the shell for me? That would give me a good idea of how much longer he would fit in it RF. We have a very limited variety of in-stock seats at our box stores here and I haven't seen the Triumph Advance at any of them. WM does have the Uptown, but I just don't think it will be tall enough. TIA!

CrabbyBunchX3

Now I don't think it's as tall as I previously thought it would be. I'm looking for a seat to RF E for those extra 2 lbs, but I don't know which seats would be tall enough for him. It will have to be the Uptown or the Triumph Advance. Someone that has it - will you please measure from the seat to the top of the shell for me? That would give me a good idea of how much longer he would fit in it RF. We have a very limited variety of in-stock seats at our box stores here and I haven't seen the Triumph Advance at any of them. WM does have the Uptown, but I just don't think it will be tall enough. TIA!

I can measure the uptown for you, but its installed and I'll probably have to wait until the kids go to bed. I could in the meantime share pics of my 3.5yo DD and my 2yo DS in the seat(in house).

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I can measure the uptown for you, but its installed and I'll probably have to wait until the kids go to bed. I could in the meantime share pics of my 3.5yo DD and my 2yo DS in the seat(in house).

That would be great! The only store we have that carries the uptown is WM and it's impossible to tell how a kid is really going to fit when you have to lift them all the way up on that shelf to sit them in the seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The one I played with clicked, not loudly, but it clicked. If I turned the knob to tighten, they would lower. I figured that is what it would do in an accident. I will have to find another store to play with it.

arly1983

The one I played with clicked, not loudly, but it clicked. If I turned the knob to tighten, they would lower. I figured that is what it would do in an accident. I will have to find another store to play with it.

Oh, thats what it does. If you have a child in the seat and buckle it then it locks into position. Next time take a child with you and you will get a better idea of how it works.

3acorns4Christy

My mother in law looked at the seat today at her toyrus and at target. She likes it because it looks comfortable (only thing that is important to her) but my MIL put a lifesize 10lb baby (from work) in in and said he fit fairly well. So we will probably get it in Feb after Quinn is born.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC