Question Graco Smart Seat good or bad?

mama-of-two

My husband and I are purchasing my a new car, mini van I should say. And he is going to keep my current car. We are going to buy new seats for my newer car and keep the seats I have now for my husbands car. Right now we have a nautilus for my 6 yr old 32 pound son and a MyRide 65 for my 24.6 pound almost 4 yr old daughter. Yes she is still rear facing as well. I know I am going to get the Argo for my son and I was thinking about the Smart Seat for my daughter. What are your thoughts about this seat. Thank you!!!

ADS

Mamasboys

The Graco Smart Seat is not much recommended here very often. It has quite low RF height limits (23" RF shell height vs. ~24.5" on the MyRide). It's very wide and VERY heavy. For the cost of it, there are many (perhaps, better) alternatives. What is your DD's height?

She is definitely petite in weight, almost anything like another MyRide, or if your looking to spend a little more, the Size4Me has a taller shell for RF and is very nice. If she's also short, I'm partial to the Britax convertibles. Given her slim weight, the Marathon Classic from Target (35lb RF limit, taller shell than the G3 version) may be a nice option for her.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Not a bad seat, but giant, heavy, and overpriced, IMO.

I would take a look at the Size4Me 70 if you want to stick with Graco.

If you can live for a few months without a 2nd seat you might look into the new Chicco Nextfit that's due out sometime in April/May-ish.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How tall is your daughter? I would also look at the Graco Size 4 Me. I have one coming to me soon for an almost 4yo.

I've checked a Smart Seat once and didn't like it. I found it complicated and HUGE. There are cheaper seats that are just easier to use correctly.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Make sure to try the buckles on any seats you plan to buy. Graco has gone from a fairly-easy half moon push down buckle, probably what you have on your current seats, to an often-really-hard-to-undo square buckle you push in. You might not notice or mind, but at least try before you decide, would be my advice. :) (We've had some of these gracos returned to bru literally UNbuckleable, people loosen them all the way to let their kids crawl out and bring the seats back :eek:)

arly1983

Make sure to try the buckles on any seats you plan to buy. Graco has gone from a fairly-easy half moon push down buckle, probably what you have on your current seats, to an often-really-hard-to-undo square buckle you push in. You might not notice or mind, but at least try before you decide, would be my advice. :) (We've had some of these gracos returned to bru literally UNbuckleable, people loosen them all the way to let their kids crawl out and bring the seats back :eek:)

:yeahthat:

The Size4Me also has a couple of more names depending on the store you go to. At Target its called the Headwise 70 and at BRU the MySize 70. Target has a really pretty purple Headwise if you are looking for something girly.

mama-of-two

Thank you everyone! She is not up right now but i will measure her tomorrow. Her MyRide expires in a yr and half so I have some time really. She is really small and petite. I have always had good luck with graco :) keep the suggestions coming!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC