Target in Canada - car seats?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Target opened today in three cities west of Toronto (Guelph was one I think). Since mine won't open for several months yet, I'm wondering what the car seat selection is like!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Ours in St. John's also doesn't open for ages. I seriously doubt ours will suddenly have an awesome carseat isle, It would be great if it did but I'm not getting my hopes up!

FrauDrA

The zellers nearest us (Oakridge, in Vancouver) is not becoming a target. The next nearest (Landsdown, in Richmond) won't open 'til fall.

smackeen

Ours will be opening in November sometime. Not too bad considering Zellers is still open till the 14th.

I am hoping that there will be some variation than Walmart.

Pixelated

The ones around here (Vancouver Island) are meant to open spring and summer 2013. I'm hoping for Britax just to have that available locally, but not getting my hopes up!

SnoGurl

I was also wondering this... I was disappointed that Geulph didn't open until today as I was down that way on Friday. Our Zellers has been closed since June and I am definitly hoping our Target is open soon (rumour says the 13th, but who knows) currently you can't even buy socks in this town!

SoccerMom

I was at the Milton store last night and saw these:

39951a78-61fb-45b7-a8b7-158411dc7454.jpg

a250d917-3ad7-48e6-8a35-0cf2b0fd1057.jpg

f5f567d3-d6b8-4ac9-ab0c-0ca9b9890be4.jpg

9ca57645-20d6-47e1-b916-0128f98033d9.jpg

95addec0-11d6-4ddf-a4ec-feb6d9658385.jpg

e458c12e-7e92-4af0-8533-e986ec010cd3.jpg

9d229c85-cbea-421d-ae6d-6c2765c35744.jpg

They also had some Lightriders and a few travel systems I didn't get pics of. There may have been some other backless boosters too, but I don't remember.
Think I'm going to get the SS TB for DS1, he said it looked comfy and it's green, that's all the matters to him.

Pixelated

And what Britax is that - it looks like a classic marathon but with a black shell. Yay for more seat selection!

tiggercat

And what Britax is that - it looks like a classic marathon but with a black shell. Yay for more seat selection!

If you zoom in, it looks like the box says "classic" maybe they are bringing that line to Canada??

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

snowbird25ca

Wow! I am impressed by the selection. When Target opens it will definitely become preferable to Walmart for selection! And 5 of those 7 infant seats are rated from 4lbs and will actually fit a small baby well. I only spotted the Snugride 22 for back adjust seats - fabulous.

I'm not surprised to see the Apt in Canada, but am surprised to see that Target is releasing it first.

Did you happen to check the seats for the NSM by any chance?

I had heard rumours of the classic MA coming to Canada back about 1.5yrs ago - I had thought that it wasn't a great idea, but if it's in a retailer like Target, and substantially lower in price than the regular MA, then it's nice to have a compact rf'ing seat if it still shares the same shorter shell as the G3 seats. I noticed that they have the old-style adjuster on them though and that's a royal pain... wonder if the base recline will develop the same problems - zooming in it looks like they have the classic base adjustment too.

They have a really fabulous selection actually and I can see on the Apt Box that it has the Canadian flag showing it's the Canadian version, so I'm thinking that they have succeeded in being the first retailer to get some of these new models.

Toys R Us is going to have some serious competition with Target having selection like that. Being able to find a My Ride and True Fit together in the same store again is great. Though I'm guessing that Target won't have employees trained in carseats. (Granted not all TRU have employees with a good level of knowledge, but some of their stores do have techs on staff and they do make an effort to provide training.)

tiggercat

Wow! I am impressed by the selection. When Target opens it will definitely become preferable to Walmart for selection! And 5 of those 7 infant seats are rated from 4lbs and will actually fit a small baby well. I only spotted the Snugride 22 for back adjust seats - fabulous.

I'm not surprised to see the Apt in Canada, but am surprised to see that Target is releasing it first.

Did you happen to check the seats for the NSM by any chance?

I had heard rumours of the classic MA coming to Canada back about 1.5yrs ago - I had thought that it wasn't a great idea, but if it's in a retailer like Target, and substantially lower in price than the regular MA, then it's nice to have a compact rf'ing seat. They have a really fabulous selection actually - assuming that they are all Canadian seats.

Toys R Us is going to have some serious competition with Target having selection like that. Being able to find a My Ride and True Fit together in the same store again is great.

I checked her location a few times, making sure we were in Canada! The 3in1 has the Canadian bolsters, I really hope the other seats are Canadian!

Pixelated

Good news - the Safety Surround Turbo is indeed a Canadian seat. A Target exclusive in that green colour only for $109.99. Same specs as the US seat except that it starts at 40lbs of course.

Also good news - we'll be seeing the Affix likely in April at some Walmart locations, and also Sears. It will probably be the highback version. Not sure on the price. Yay!

canadiangie

What will that classic MA rf to?

eta: on phone with Britax, she's saying 5-30lb, and 18-32" for rf. No changes made.

Hopefully someone can verify this on a live seat.

tiggercat

What will that classic MA rf to?

eta: on phone with Britax, she's saying 5-30lb, and 18-32" for rf. No changes made.

Hopefully someone can verify this on a live seat.

You've got to be kidding me! What a waste of a seat, rf to 32 inches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC