Sure Ride padding & other ?'s.

Kel

How's the padding on the Sure Ride? I'm thinking of getting one of these for a spare. Or maybe down the road for a FFing seat.

I use MRs, a RXT, CCOs and a PW hbb. Maybe you can use one of those for a comparison in padding.

Would you use a Sure Ride as an everyday seat? Just a spare?

Also, would you use it, or a RXT ff out board if you had to choose? No side air bags. I sit up higher than most vehicles in an E350 12passenger van, if it makes a difference to you.

And lastly, I've read it's kind of narrow. Like 3 across narrow? Or just more narrow than the DR 85 narrow?

Thanks!!

ADS

SavsMom

I have the Sure Ride from Target and it is very nicely padded, not as much as the RXT but it still very nice. dd who is 5 says it is very comfy. We use it regularly and I really like it. I chose it because dd is starting to booster train for short trips but is still needing a harness for longer ones. With it being a nice convertible seat with great infant padding for the new one plus high harness height for dd I know it will get plenty of use, and for $99 you can't go wrong.
As far as being narrow, it's might be 3 across friendly depending on the car and other seats being used. It's more narrow than the FR85 for sure. It's a good medium sized seat.

Kel

Thank you. Glad to know the padding ok.

How deep is the shell? I love the MR for out board without air bags. Is it that deep???

I'm hoping if it's deep, maybe this will be our next seat instead of a combo seat. I don't like how heavy the combo seats are when used in booster mode since I don't always have latch spots available to latch in boosters.

The only thing I don't like is the flimsy looking cup holder.

Any thoughts on this seat outboard?

SavsMom

The shell is quite deep, deeper than the Maestro for sure. I would say it may be similar to the MyRide depth wish. When my 5 year old is sitting in it she is fully covered by shell.

mominabigtruck

It is really deep, my 4yo has to pull himself out to look at the kids next to him. He normally rides in a fr85 and he has no complaints or problems sleeping in it.

Kel

Thank you ladies.

I think it looks like a great seat FFing. I've been worried about what to do next. I've got a little time, but was kinda of dreading the thought of a combo seat. There so heavy!

This would be a great price. The switch to hbb later.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC