Has anyone inatalled a KidsEmbrace character seat? BATMAN PICS!

xxluckychicxx

Excuse this long wall of text. I can't figure out how to make new paragraphs from my iPhone. Anyhoo, today we got two Batman KidsEmbrace seats. DD needed a new seat and as soon as DS saw it he had to have it. I decided to order 2 and see how it fit him. Well both kids fit great! DS is on the top slots with at least an inch to grow then a ton of room in booster mode. It actually makes a great booster! DD is on the middle of 3 slots with at least an inch until she's even with it. The kids are IN LOVE! The only problem is that I can't get a solid seatbelt install. Has anyone installed one and have any tips?

ETA: Well, with a combo of twisting the best stalk, swearing, removing the cover as much as possible, sitting in the seat, swearing, and hurting my back I got the &%$#ing thing in. LATCH seems like it would be easy peasy, but my car ('07 Accord) only allows LATCH to 40lbs and DS is 55lbs.

image-2964238643.jpg

image-2040739806.jpg
The tiny, awkward belt path

image-1137580506.jpg
The headrest adjuster on the back

image-663287185.jpg
Latch storage on the bottom

image-3767774648.jpg

image-3749201193.jpg

It won't let me add any more pics :(

Overall it's a decent seat but if your kiddo isn't Batman obsessed I would skip it.

Last edited:
ADS

momtoo3

Re: Has anyone inatalled a KidsEmbrace character seat?

I got one for the 3 yr old I watch for his dad's car. It was a tough install. I ended up having to twist the buckle stalk 2 1/2 turns to get it to stay tight. I don't know if that was just his vehicle or not.

Would a locking clip help? When I had my Sunfire, the LC actually made installs easier....not that I have any idea what you drive but just a thought.

Keeanh

Re: Has anyone inatalled a KidsEmbrace character seat?

Pull it away from the seat bight about an inch or 2, and tighten from inside the seat? Sorry, I've never seen the seat IRL, but that's always my Radian install advice LOL.

xxluckychicxx

The belt path is TINY. I don't see how a man or anyone with larger hands could put the belt through without taking off the cover. I took it off one one side to be able to tighten from the inside and it did help, but not enough. I will try twisting the belt stalk and pulling it out a bit. I'll also grab pics tomorrow.

jujumum

It didn't come off as creepy at all until I was driving last night without the kids and glanced in my rearview mirror. :eek: I screamed.

LOL!! I have to admit, although my kids would love them, I find these kinds of seats a little creepy. Particularly the hand-cups.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC