True fit SI arrived!! PICS!

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Re: True fit SI arrived!!

Yay!!! You may be the first boardie to lay eyes on this seat. We need pics!!! :D

linneabw

I did take some pics of my 4 yo in it, I have tried to upload pics before but couldn't. Suggestions on best way to attach photos?

a>

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

I did take some pics of my 4 yo in it, I have tried to upload pics before but couldn't. Suggestions on best way to attach photos?

8516610389_6fc4b3d5d0.jpg

I attached the image (using the "attach an image" icon above that looks like a postcard of mountains) using this url: "http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8521/8516610389_6fc4b3d5d0.jpg"

ETA: Don't thank me. Thank the OP!

linneabw

He just turned 4, 42.5", 43.5 lbs
SAM_1494small.jpg

SAM_1496s.jpg

One thing that was odd was the top slots, the fabric holes are too narrow for the belt and it pinches the belt. Is it like that on all of them?
SAM_1499s.jpg

This is at the highest setting which he would need very soon and that's how much harness is left.
SAM_1506a.jpg

They are a little small, but I think if you click on them you can see them bigger.

Will play around with my 1.5 year old in it. I can't decide who will use it! Now I can return our Frontier that's been sitting here waiting til he turned 4 (though I have kept him rfing) and wait on the Frontier 90 or Pinnacle when he outgrows one of the current seats. YDS has outgrown the SS.

Lenae

I really like the new top! I thought I wouldn't, because the stock pictures sort of look funny, but IRL pictures with a kid, it looks good.

linneabw

I really like the new top! I thought I wouldn't, because the stock pictures sort of look funny, but IRL pictures with a kid, it looks good.

Yeah, from the stock pics I was afraid that they would hit his shoulders. I'm very happy with the head wings.

Do you know if the body of the seat is the same as the older style? It looks narrower to me, but that may be because he's a big kid and fills it up.

Lenae

Yeah, from the stock pics I was afraid that they would hit his shoulders. I'm very happy with the head wings.

Do you know if the body of the seat is the same as the older style? It looks narrower to me, but that may be because he's a big kid and fills it up.

It looks the same to me, but I could be wrong.

Mags462

O.M.G.... i want that! :p

They made my most favorite seat ever even better...... Way to go First Years!!!! ;)

geekKT

Wow, I like! It doesn't look any narrower to me but the difference in the top is noticeable, especially from the side.

Now I want to go look at my TFP to check - is it just me or is the harness adjuster lever higher up on the seat than it used to be? I was thinking there was more distance between the angle indicator and that adjuster. Maybe it will be easier to access?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the True Fit was low profile. It doesn't look it in these photos.

I had one for a short while, in a captain's chair, and it was so much bigger than my other seats, I couldn't stand it :eek: "low" in that it's not up on a tall base, but otherwise, it's pretty beastly if you're used to smaller seats like Radians.

Looks like a nice headrest improvement, though :thumbsup:

cryswilkins

OP - We just got this seat at the retailer that I work at, can you look at your rear-facing lock-offs and see if the lock-offs function the way that the manual and the labeling indicates? The two seats that we have function backwards. We have called the Manufacturer and are waiting on the response.

Lock-off issue aside its seems like a nifty seat. The manual and labeling is really nice.

whitneyg

I am very interested in seeing pics of the 1.5 year old in it as well. I am wondering how tall/old the kid would need to be to make use of the new headwings? This could be on the list for when my little guy outgrows his CCO.

cryswilkins

Here are some pictures. Notice the labeling.

The labeling:
4E4AD2A3-E5FD-4F59-BF9D-CCB1F4BC96E8-15281-00000F93DDE66F39.jpg

The lock-off closed.
462C5FC4-2A50-40FA-B5FD-DCE58AA87D86-15281-00000F93BDE7EA20.jpg

Open
329469D4-0F7E-4A72-B673-3E86EAD4E0C0-15281-00000F93C56B541B.jpg

D3727900-D6D4-423D-97EE-5FB2A92867B1-15281-00000F93D1C7DF03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

Reactions: Kac

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC