Favorite Back-up Booster

ADS

emandbri

I like the harmony lightrider or Cruz, fits different size kids and is easier to buckle when next to another seat because of the cut outs.

veggiegirl228

With the Cruz being bigger does is it more universal for different sized kids?

How does the Cruz compare to the Connext?

Mamasboys

I like the harmony lightrider or Cruz, fits different size kids and is easier to buckle when next to another seat because of the cut outs.

:yeahthatlove: Hard to beat the Harmony LBBs. If the Graco Connext is any similar to a LBB TB, depending on any potential 3-across setup, the Harmony just fits better (lower arms, a little narrower contoured profile than Graco). I only have the LiteRider, but is it the Cruz that fits wider hips better? Heck, I don't think you can go wrong w/ either (or both).

Mamasboys

External size-wise, I think they're very, very similar. I think it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other, KWIM? I picked the LiteRider, because that's what was available locally (needed immediately). If the Cruz was there, I might (or not) have picked the Cruz.

Shaunam

I like the literider and connext. I've never owned a cruz but I imagine it is a great carpool seat too.

momtoo3

I'll be the oddball :p. I hated the literider for ds2. It was hard to buckle for him and hard for me to get the belt under the armrests because his hips/thighs were in the way. I do like the looks of the Cruz but have not played with one in the vehicle, only in the store.

My favorite nbb is the Cosco Ambassador/HiRise (same seat different names.) It works awesome for 3 across because it is narrower at the back for buckling, it's lightweight and both ds1 and ds2 think it is super comfy and love the cup holder. I just wish the seat covers were not so boring.

Ds2 just picked out an AMP booster with guitars on the cover but I don't know if it will work 3 across yet.

jacqui276

I like my literider as a back up/carpool seat. I have yet to put a kid in it that doesn't have a good belt fit. I don't like it for every day use though.

aeormsby

Literider for us too.

ETA - it's a great fit for the smaller crowd I think. My DD is only 7 so we're not dealing with bigger kids yet. I could see the low armrests being annoying for bigger kids.

Mamasboys

I'll be the oddball :p. I hated the literider for ds2. It was hard to buckle for him and hard for me to get the belt under the armrests because his hips/thighs were in the way. I do like the looks of the Cruz but have not played with one in the vehicle, only in the store.

My favorite nbb is the Cosco Ambassador/HiRise (same seat different names.) It works awesome for 3 across because it is narrower at the back for buckling, it's lightweight and both ds1 and ds2 think it is super comfy and love the cup holder. I just wish the seat covers were not so boring.

Ds2 just picked out an AMP booster with guitars on the cover but I don't know if it will work 3 across yet.

Oh, yeah the Cosco NBB are nice, cheap and narrow, too. Cosco makes the Topside, too (looks like the Harmony LR, but a smidge narrower). OP, now you must buy all three (Cruz, LR, TopSide, lol)!

veggiegirl228

Thanks. I wish one store had them all so I can check them out side by side. For the Topside it may work but the way the belt is routed is a slight turnoff.

I stopped at WM briefly and the pink cover was 2.5-3 yrs old already, boo! (Lite rider)

If there are anymore ideas keep them coming :)

veggiegirl228

Not the best pictures but didn't have my camera with me. But hopefully it gives you an idea of the size between the Literide and the Connext.

Last edited:

Mamasboys

Thanks. I wish one store had them all so I can check them out side by side. For the Topside it may work but the way the belt is routed is a slight turnoff.

I stopped at WM briefly and the pink cover was 2.5-3 yrs old already, boo! (Lite rider)

If there are anymore ideas keep them coming :)

Yikes, that's OLD! Our local WM sells Lite Rider's like hotcakes. Three times in three years I've bought one (us, dad's, and G'ma's car). Each time, the DOM was less than 3 months old. But 'round these parts, everyone seems to go straight to LBB as soon as their kid hits 30lbs ('cuz, you know they outgrew the FF SnugRide30 :mad:). So you know, that's a lot of 2 year olds to booster :(.

Sorry, no actual additional advice, just a little rant. How much different is the belt routed on the TopSide vs. the LiteRider? I don't recall exactly (only played w/ one at WM).

veggiegirl228

the lap portion of the belt is under the arm rest where as the shoulder portion is over the arm rest (topside) vs. regular way on the literider.

They (WM) had 2 prints. The Zebra (picture) was the best but I wanted to take kiddo to get an idea of fit. I was very surprised to see that the other prints (chocolate/pink) was from 2010 and 2011.

Mamasboys

the lap portion of the belt is under the arm rest where as the shoulder portion is over the arm rest (topside) vs. regular way on the literider.

They (WM) had 2 prints. The Zebra (picture) was the best but I wanted to take kiddo to get an idea of fit. I was very surprised to see that the other prints (chocolate/pink) was from 2010 and 2011.

Oh, not good! I mean, it's fine and safe, but it would be confusing to own two LBB and have to remember which way each is used. K.I.S.S. on the spare LBB!

Mine are vintage 2010, 2011, and 2012 (chocolate/pink/flames, one of each). And to think, I thought I bought "limited edition" seats :rolleyes: :p

Ellie173

I really like the Connext. The literider was just too small as my nanny kid got older and the Connext provides her with a little more room to grow height wise before being too tall for my headrestless back seat. Nanny kid also said it looked less childish, which I guess is important to her in case a friend sees it. But overall we liked it a lot more than the literider. Never tried it in a 3-across though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC