WWYD about FF infant seat?

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I walk my ds to school every day and walk past the dropoff/pickup lane and it makes me upset every day. Half of the kids are completely unrestrained, little tiny K kids in the front seat, babies being held, etc. I've seen one van twice---there is what looks like a nice and snug infant seat with tight straps and the chest clip in the right spot...but it's installed FF! The mom is dropping off her kids or moving in the line and I can't stop her and talk to her there. I got the plate number today.

We live in a fairly affluent area...the van is nice and the seats are new. I think this is a case of pure ignorance on CPS.

WWYD???

ADS

MomToEliEm

I would try to have a "misuse" flier (do you have any copies of the "Are you using it right") handy and try to wait for her to arrive. Just as soon as she stops to drop her kid off, hand her the info and tell her that the infant seat is incorrect. Maybe you can persuade her to park so you could talk to her a little more. If not, she is at least aware that something is wrong and might fix it. Mention that you are a tech and she might listen to you more then just a regular mom.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Try and catch up with her and say " Hey... did you know that......" Other then that - I'm not sure what you CAN do? Do you have school newsletters? Maybe you could ask your school if they would let you write a brief paragraph.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I would definitely start out with praise - what a great seat, and she's buckled in just right, so much better than these kids who just roll around in the car, etc. Then ask "but why is it facing the wrong way?" She may know it's supposed to be in RF, but have a reason (what she thinks is a good one) for turning it around. Then you can start with that - if you assume she just doesn't know it's supposed to be RF, she might get offended, but if she tells you that the baby has a medical condition and she needs to be able to watch her, or something like that, you can start with that and get her "on your side," yk?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC