Not sure where to go with this?

steph_s

So I was in a car accident, had to replace my booster that was in the car. Ordered from diapers.com since I have had nothing but good experiences in the past. They sent me a seat that was old, I called and explained boosters expire. The rep stated they would sent it to quality control and get a newer DOM. The new seat comes and it's the same DOM. I call again. This time the rep states she will email me the DOM they have. So she sends me an email and states that they have no recent DOM, blah blah. I send back asking if they have another color with a more recent DOM. This is the email that was sent to me...

Hi Stephanie,

I am so sorry that we have not been able to accommodate you. The good news about car seats and booster seats, which I confirmed with a senior rep here is this: expiration dates are based on use. For example, if you started to use the booster seat tomorrow, that is when the countdown for the item begins. If the item is sitting in the box unused in the warehouse, its safety is not diminished. So technically, if this car seat is the one you prefer, you can use it without worry that it will stop being a safe item for your child at a sooner date than you need. If you are still uncomfortable with using the one you have and you would like me to check on the other available colors’ manufacture dates, I can do so. Just let me know what you’d like to do.

So, diapers.com is giving out super scary advise going against manufacturers instructions. Isn't that special? I knew you guys would think it was.

So... who do I report this to? Also, does anyone have any idea where I can get a recent DOM Monterey?

ADS

steph_s

I actually purchased it through amazon, but it was sold through diapers.com Amazon has them for $159, I bought it for $119 and already turned in the receipt for the insurance and they have already paid, so if I have to pay $159 the remaining will be out of my pocket.

Phineasmama

Ugh, huge eye roll. I'm sorry you're getting this BS from them! So I could have a NIB seat from like 2001 and it would be fine to use because it has just been sitting there :rolleyes: YEAH RIGHT.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would call the manufacturer and confirm that's not correct, then both relay that info to the store, and also suggest that the manufacturer call the store to set them straight.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would email them back and tell them that information is wrong and that they are putting lives of children at risk if they are telling customers that.

That is SCARY.

What's the DOM? What seat? How much did you pay?

D&L's-mommy

I would also like to know the DOM, I was going to order an orange monterey from diapers.com tonight, glad I saw this.
BTW, albeebaby.com has orange for $125, if you're going to be returning the one you have, so it'd only be $6 out of pocket. I emailed them asking the DOM, I will post their answer when I hear from them, if you want

steph_s

DOM was 1/2012 so already over a year old. I was told the most current dom on any monterey was 5/2012 so 9 months old in pink which my ds would not appreciate. I offered to have them ship that seat and I would swap covers and send the one back they said no. Paid $119 for the seat.

Yeah if you know if another site has a more recent dom let me know :)

agave

Baby Earth has them starting at $115. I have no idea what there return policy is but when I bought my Frontier there it was only a few months old. You could probably call before you order and get dates.

Athena

That is old! What color? Amazon had 6 month old DOMs in purple recently. Where are you seeing $159 on amazon. I can't even find that price and I've never seen them for that much. That's over the MSRP, so you ought to be able to get them from just about anywhere for less than that. Often they are $112 on amazon.

If it's going to be coming from diapers.com anyway, next time I'd order directly from diapers.com to simplify the process. Normally amazon and diapers.com both allow free returns, so if you order from diapers.com via amazon, can you still return it?

steph_s

The $159 ones have a carry case, didn't see that at first. He already has a red cover so wants orange, shadow, or blue this time around.

Phineasmama

Aren't the orange and green relatively new? I don't think they have been making them for that long so I'd probably get one of those two colors.

Athena

The $159 ones have a carry case, didn't see that at first. He already has a red cover so wants orange, shadow, or blue this time around.

Yeah and those aren't even sold by amazon.

Aren't the orange and green relatively new? I don't think they have been making them for that long so I'd probably get one of those two colors.

Yep, the orange would be newer. I think they started making them late summer or early fall. Is that right?

D&L's-mommy

I emailed diapers.com to ask what the DOM is on the montereys they are currently shipping, and this is the response I received
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Diapers.com! I'm actually showing that the ones we currently have in stock are the 2013 models, not the previous years model. I hope this helps!

If you have any additional questions please feel free to respond to this email or contact us directly at 1-800-342-7377, we're available 24/7!

Have a great day!

Steven
Diapers.com
Customer Care

I did specifically ask about the orange, since that's one DS wants

Athena

Thank you for contacting Diapers.com! I'm actually showing that the ones we currently have in stock are the 2013 models, not the previous years model. I hope this helps!

I hope he understood about DOM, not just that it's the current model, if you know what I mean. Seems like I've been told before that they can't find out the DOM, but that would be great if they've changed that.

MommyShannon

I'd just ask them to refund a percentage of your money based on life left. You will probably come out ahead that way and it would save them your return shipping cost.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC