Which diaper bag

kirst

I have one kid who almost potty trained and ttc number two. I like a messanger style so it doesnt fall off my sholder. im looking and the bumble bag thats white and black with flower print. Whats your thoughts on the bumble bag and its size? Any other bags I should look at?

ADS

jujumum

I never did well with diaper bags, and know nothing about the ones you mentioned or any of the well known ones.:eek:

I used many etsy bags over the years, but settled on these Ameribags in various sized for various jobs:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CE60XO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: AmeriBag Small Classic Microfiber Healthy Back Bag 7103,Midnight Blue,one size: Clothing[/ame]

The llbean ones have a padded strap (they're all over ebay). The distressed nylon ones are machine washable. The Ameribag site & ebags has sales all the time, and Zappos has video reviews.

I used to only use messenger bags, but they can mess with my gait or slap against my leg. I have slopey shoulders, so regular bags fall off, and a weak back. So these bags have been perfect.:thumbsup:

jjordan

I've been very happy with my LLBean diaper bag, though I don't know how it compares to the one you mentioned.

What we've done traditionally is buy our kids a Junior back pack from LL Bean for their 2nd birthday, which is about the time they potty train, and we use that (instead of a diaper bag) for that kid's stuff - a change of clothes (just in case), books/toys/snacks for a car trip, etc. They can carry it themselves, and it feels nice to not be lugging a diaper bag around everywhere! Plus what I want in a diaper bag - lots of little compartments, mainly - is not as useful for an older kid, especially if I want the kid to be able to find what he/she wants and help to pack it.

Also, around that age we don't carry a diaper-type bag with us everywhere we go, so I'll keep a small box in the car with emergency items (wipes, change of clothes, diaper/undies, bib, plastic bag) in case I don't have the diaper bag and find that I need something.

HTH! :)

kirst

I have a pottery barn backpack her size so thats an idea! Just got to make sure her fold up potty seat fits or she wont potty on the big toilets. It will be weird having a purse with just my stuff agian if we do it that way!

Still looking for favorites though. We have a vacation coming up and will deff want a diaper bag for it and for when we have another child.

I dont like the ones with the double straps that are short. They fall off my sholder and hurt my sholder and back thats why im thinking the crossbody kind would be good. Right now im using a backpack that my sis got me and its nice but its the kind with only one strap so its hard to get to things and cant get to things at all if im holding dd.

nataliem257

My sister has a diaper bag addiction so I have quite a few, but the one I use the most is my Kalencom messenger bag. It's big with good pockets inside, plenty of room, and its wipable which is a plus. I think you can get them on targets website, there's tons of different prints. Strap is really comfy too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC