Should I wait on a Frontier?

Keeyamah

I'm getting my ODS a Frontier to replace his TF that will be handed down to YDS. Both boys are 95%, ODS is currently on the top slots of the TF. I moved him up to them last fall as he was even with the third slots and my mother was having a hard time getting him buckled in. YDS is in a Scenera and I really don't like that seat for everyday use.

So should I set aside the $$ from the tax return and wait until May when the new seat comes out and hope I can find it for less than the $210 I'm finding now?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It's really hard to predict what will happen to the price of the FR85 when the new seats come out. They could drop in price, or they could actually go up as inventory gets scarce. It really just depends on how many of the FR85s are sitting around waiting to be sold, I think.

Keeyamah

Good point.I guess I could watch the prices and if they start going up or down, snag one then..... ARGH! It shouldn't be this difficult, lol.

jujumum

Yes, you should save up, buy the new one in May, take a billion pics (including pics with it striped naked), install it, and take more pics, and then post all the pics here.

Just kidding, of course.;)

However, I personally wouldn't buy a FN85 until the new seat came out if your kids can fit in their seats until then. You might like the new one way more, and hopefully the price will drop on the old one. Unless some killer deal comes up on the 85 this month (this is supposed to be the big Britax sale month) where the price of an 85 is too good to pass up.

Keeyamah

Yes, you should save up, buy the new one in May, take a billion pics (including pics with it striped naked), install it, and take more pics, and then post all the pics here.

Just kidding, of course.;)

Would if I could, lol. But since from what I was reading on here that it is likely to have a close to $400 price point, ummm.... DH would kill me, lol.

Phineasmama

If you're not actually wanting to buy the new one, I would just get one when you get your tax return as planned :)

Keeyamah

I'm really wanting too get it soon to, I just don't like YDS in the Scenera. I bought it as a back up seat for ODS, and if I had realized just how quickly he was going to outgrow it, I may have spent the $$ on something else. Hmmm, lol, I'm over-thinking this. Guess I should look them up and see if ODS has an opinion on color :)

Mamasboys

FYI, Amazon's got the Maui Blue in stock for $209 right now! [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Combination-Booster-Rushmore/dp/B0038W0JI0"]http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Combination-Booster-Rushmore/dp/B0038W0JI0[/ame]

Keeyamah

Ok, I just had to stop myself from bouncing in my chair, I don't think DH would understand, lol. Thank you, thank you

Keeyamah

Hehe, I did, its on its way :) Should get it Wed, did have to sign up for a free trial of Amazon prime, but it got me free 2 day shipping. I'm geeking out now, lol.

Mamasboys

Ok, I just had to stop myself from bouncing in my chair, I don't think DH would understand, lol. Thank you, thank you

My pleasure. I ran across it today, while considering options for my ODS. My DH didn't buy the "But honey, I'm saving us $100!" (Does anyone's, lol!) However, my DH knows I'm in charge of car seat decisions, and I won't question his computer and electronic gadget "needs."

Keeyamah

I'm all kinds of excited for Wed. I'm also excited that Quinn (ODS) actually expressed a preference. He knows what he wants most of the time, but often won't express it. Of course I need to go re-install the TF in the dark, he just got back from a weekend with the in-laws and they had the seat.

bella_1818

I must live under a rock. What new seat is coming out? We're also in the market for an additional Frontier, but could hold off.

Athena

I must live under a rock. What new seat is coming out? We're also in the market for an additional Frontier, but could hold off.

There's a thread on here about the Britax Pinnacle 90 that tells all about it. Amazon had it temporarily posted as coming out in May (both Pinnacle and Frontier 90).

Would if I could, lol. But since from what I was reading on here that it is likely to have a close to $400 price point, ummm.... DH would kill me, lol.

Where did you see $400? I thought it was like $329 MSRP, so just a little more than the Frontier 85 that in reality often sell closer to $200 on amazon (like you just paid). I don't know if they'll start out discounted, but their convertibles did. I paid 25% off right away, so I'm hoping. If not, well I can probably wait a bit for the prices to go down and I don't need one, just think I want it. I'm hoping the MSRP isn't going to go up to $400 because then even discounted it would still be too much.

Keeyamah

Yeah, it was prolly the Pinnacle price I was thinking of. I only scanned the thread, didn't have a chance to see them on Amazon myself. I remember thinking "Holy crap, there's no way DH would let me spend $400 on a seat for Quinn right now." And that is what stuck in my mind :)

Last edited:

Phineasmama

Was the cactus flower on the fr90 or pinnacle? I can't remember. I definitely want zebra but I might need that cover as well :p

MommyShannon

Was the cactus flower on the fr90 or pinnacle? I can't remember. I definitely want zebra but I might need that cover as well :p

FR90. I want it! It might have been on both but i know its on the FR90. I have over a year before I can justify a girly ff only seat though. I guess that should guarantee getting a lower price though. Now to focus on excuses (I mean justifications) for the NextFit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC