Blvd, Marathon or Recaro Signo/Como

DMickey28

I just get more and more confused!!! DS is a big 4 month old, over 21lbs now and just starting solids. He will continue to get big .. he is 28inches tall with a long torso, don't know the exact measurements yet but don't need that yet.

I don't know which seat to get him. He will primarily be outboard in a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The middle row is Captain seats so no middle option. The car has side curtain airbags. Our other vehicle is a Ford Taurus.

I am concerned with the extra padding in the BLVD being in DS's way and him hating it. We had to take the infant head pad out of the infant seat a while ago because he was screaming and getting soo hot. I am leaning towards the Marathon but like the weight increase in the Recaro. Our budget is negoatible right now. I can spend the $300 because nothing is too much for DS's safety but it's a bit of a stretch. In the next few years the money won't be as much of a factor (I hope!!) so I can upgrade when I need to probably easier financially than I can now.

So what do the experts think??? Thanks!!

ADS

lovemyfamily

We have always been a Britax family. All we have ever owned, other than the Graco infant seats. But baby #3 will be in a Peg infant seat, and then we are about 95% sure we will be going with a Recaro Signo for his/her convertible. I LOVE the MA, it is a great seat, but I think I am ready to try something different, and I have heard terrific things about all other Recaro seats. I do have some time, thankfully baby is not due until March 2008, to make my firm decision, based on what others say in the next few months as more and more people get the Signo/Como.
Best of luck in your decision. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either. The MA is a breeze to install in any car, from my experience.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I am wanting to see what everyone says. We have a BV for DS, but we now need to buy DD a convertible. She is 18 pounds and 5 months. We are going this weekend to a store that has the Como, BV and Radian. I think I am planning on getting another BV, just because we buy and sell vehicles all the time and I know how it is to install. I am worried because the Como is so new that I will have an install problem with it and DH will be upset that I have a $200+ carseat that needs to be replaced.

Stefanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC