More SureRide pics

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I couldn't decide if I wanted to order these as our distribution seats at the hospital so I went and played with it for a while with all my kids...and an extra ;-)

View attachment 20098

Ninja is 50lbs and about 49 inches tall. I had it set on the top slots, though he was still 1/2" below the next lowest. It wasn't too difficult to buckle him in, but he is by no means "husky". There was about 4" of harness adjuster strap left

View attachment 20099

The straps were very close together at his neck and bothered him a lot.

View attachment 20100

Next kid is 43lbs and 46 inches tall. Straps set at second from top slot. Plenty of harness length.

View attachment 20101

View attachment 20102

View attachment 20103

Rocket is 33lbs and 36inches tall. RF he'd be at the third from bottom slots. FF he's be at the third from top slots. Lots of growing room.

View attachment 20104

View attachment 20105

I brought my 4lb preemie Huggable Images doll. Please note...I am aware this seat has a 5 lb lower weight limit, but my next size doll is 8 lbs and I really wanted to know if it would fit a 5 lb baby. I think it would. This baby would have needed thicker blanket rolls along the side (the hospital blankets were all I had) and a rolled washcloth at the crotch, but I definitely was able to get the harness tight enough. It fact, it wasn't even as tight as it could go.

View attachment 20106

View attachment 20107

View attachment 20108

View attachment 20109

Then I ran into some grandparents who were baffled at what car seat to get their granddaughter. It was super convenient that I was still wearing my CPS shirt from the hospital, I helped them choose an appropriate seat for her.

Last edited:
ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
We're looking into this for our distribution seat too. I love that you brought the doll out to the store, did you get any funny looks?

Phineasmama

The straps would bother my DD too if she wasn't wearing a coat, I think for summer we'll put some baby socks on them or something.

I am really impressed with how easy the seat is to install though, so I think it would be a great program seat!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
We're looking into this for our distribution seat too. I love that you brought the doll out to the store, did you get any funny looks?

I got a few people do a double take when DS3 was dragging her around by her head :)

I was pretty impressed. In the end it's going to come down to money. We can get dorel sceneras and Apts for for cheaper, but I really love that this seat can be used from birth to booster age, truly.

I got a few people do a double take when DS3 was dragging her around by her head :)

I was pretty impressed. In the end it's going to come down to money. We can get dorel sceneras and Apts for for cheaper, but I really love that this seat can be used from birth to booster age, truly.

And it doesn't become a horridly fitting booster ;) *cough* AOE.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I couldn't decide if I wanted to order these as our distribution seats at the hospital so I went and played with it for a while with all my kids...and an extra ;-)

Ninja is 50lbs and about 49 inches tall. I had it set on the top slots, though he was still 1/2" below the next lowest. It wasn't too difficult to buckle him in, but he is by no means "husky". There was about 4" of harness adjuster strap left

The straps were very close together at his neck and bothered him a lot.

Next kid is 43lbs and 46 inches tall. Straps set at second from top slot. Plenty of harness length.

Rocket is 33lbs and 36inches tall. RF he'd be at the third from bottom slots. FF he's be at the third from top slots. Lots of growing room.

I brought my 4lb preemie Huggable Images doll. Please note...I am aware this seat has a 5 lb lower weight limit, but my next size doll is 8 lbs and I really wanted to know if it would fit a 5 lb baby. I think it would. This baby would have needed thicker blanket rolls along the side (the hospital blankets were all I had) and a rolled washcloth at the crotch, but I definitely was able to get the harness tight enough. It fact, it wasn't even as tight as it could go.

Then I ran into some grandparents who were baffled at what car seat to get their granddaughter. It was super convenient that I was still wearing my CPS shirt from the hospital, I helped them choose an appropriate seat for her.

Did you shorten the crotch strap by routing it through the outer slot? It makes that strap so perfect for littles. I can't really tell, but unless the manual is studied you wouldn't think of it. It seriously makes that strap about 1 1/2 inches long.

image-427286174.jpg

image-3125557056.jpg

image-2450391132.jpg

ETA: pics

Last edited:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Did you shorten the crotch strap by routing it through the outer slot? It makes that strap so perfect for littles. I can't really tell, but unless the manual is studied you wouldn't think of it. It seriously makes that strap about 1 1/2 inches long.

ETA: pics

I did not, but that's great to know. It would have made a good fit on the preemie doll even better!

Phineasmama

Wow he must have a short torso! DD1 is 6 and wearing a 5 slim jean and 5-6 tops and she has about that much room on the 2nd slot down.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
Wow he must have a short torso! DD1 is 6 and wearing a 5 slim jean and 5-6 tops and she has about that much room on the 2nd slot down.

I've never thought it was short, but with boys clothes fitting baggier I guess I probably wouldn't. He's only five but he's 64 lbs, so won't be using the seat, but I wanted to see how much harness he had.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC