Subaru commercial with puppy in infant seat!

zactayaus

Pretty sure the puppy is in a FF infant seat.:(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKSqIX5rteg"]Subaru Dog Tested Commercial Kids Raising Puppies - YouTube[/ame]

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure it's anything to frown about. The video didn't have sound for me, but I'm assuming it was supposed to be funny. I mean, there were dogs driving a car...the whole thing is absurd. Is there really a concern that people will see a dog in a forward-facing infant seat and think they can secure their kids that way?

The tiny print actually says there's a professional driver, blah blah, and to secure your pets. So that's good?

zactayaus

I'm not sure it's anything to frown about. The video didn't have sound for me, but I'm assuming it was supposed to be funny. I mean, there were dogs driving a car...the whole thing is absurd. Is there really a concern that people will see a dog in a forward-facing infant seat and think they can secure their kids that way?

The tiny print actually says there's a professional driver, blah blah, and to secure your pets. So that's good?

It was a very cute video. I'm sure no one IRL will even notice the puppy isn't facing the right direction. lol. Just saying for us car seat crazies. That's all.:)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I wonder whether that was intentional irony - the way he buckles the puppy in and declares him "safe."

My biggest concern over the FF infant seat is that I wonder whether not one person involved in the commercial realized the problem.

Or maybe they simply needed a FF seat for camera reasons and couldn't find a convertible that really worked for the puppy? Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess.

agave

I also see a knob thingy that looks like what you'd lift to release the seat back to fold down.

tjham

Totally FF. You can see the shoulder belt running across the back of the vehicle seat the car seat is on.

OK, you guys are right. :eek: But I had to pause it to see that. Pretty sure the Average Viewer will not notice either way!

katymyers

I had to watch the video a second time to see that it was forward facing, I don't think most people watching on TV would notice or even care. I do wonder if the people doing the commercial did it on purpose or if they just sent some random person to 'go get a car seat' and that's what the ended up having to work with.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, it's a BRU exclusive. I wonder if they tried to do it right, but the camera angle demanded it wrong so you could tell it's a human carseat? If a good shot is at stake, commercial directors don't care at all about proper usage (ever noticed all the headrests missing in reality tv shows? :rolleyes:)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just had to rewatch 7 times to see that it was, in fact, ff'ing. Truly, no 'normal' person will ever notice that.

And what do you want to bet that this post ends up on that santimommy facebook page? LOL People already think we're all nuts but now we're picking apart and being frowny about a satirical and silly commercial that ultimately has the right message in place?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC