SureRide width for 3-across?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
This is for an acquaintance of mine. She just got in an accident and insurance is replacing her seats. She says she has two Cosco brand seats but she's not sure what they are. Insurance says they'll replace with "comparable" seats.

What are the odds the insurance would be willing to replace with SureRides?

Kids:

3 yo 40lbs, 44" tall,

15 months 27lbs, 29" tall

Baby due this summer, so 3-across friendly would be helpful. Right now they have a full sized sedan (not sure of the make/model) and they're hoping to get a minivan or something but no guarantees.

I don't know whether the younger one is RF or FF; of course I'll talk to her about that and recommend RF. But even if not at least maybe we can get something that will RF #3 a decent amount of time.

I'm kind of thinking two sure-rides for now, and then when baby is born (or outgrows the bucket, if they use one) they can move the older one to a SecureKid or to a booster if he seems ready. This is a family with very very very little money.

How does the SureRide compare to the Guide 65 as far as width? Is it as wide as a SecureKid? The Guide might work for the younger child if it's much narrower, and then that child could move up to the SureRide as the Guide is outgrown...

ADS

Phineasmama

The front portion like where the kids knees go is about 19" across, but the base portion in the back that goes all the way up the back is only 10" so it's good for puzzling. Like you could probably do that and a guide65 next to each other facing the same direction. You could definitely do it with an R100 or R120.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Radians are definitely out of the budget. We're hoping the insurance company won't blink at the SureRides as replacements for the Scenera and the Cosco HBB.

I did confirm the toddler is RF, with the intention to stay that way as long as the seat allows. Yay. :)

She is really hoping for a mini van by the time baby arrives. I think we're going to try for a SureRide for each of the three kids. It sounds like the best option for the tall 3 year old and for the heavy toddler, and she wants to go with a convertible for the baby so 3 of them should work.

How do you think they'd puzzle together RF/FF/RF? If they're wider in front than they are in back, maybe that will work even if they can't get a mini van.

If not, how do you think it might puzzle with a Scenera? Or another $140-or-less convertible that would work for a newborn?

Phineasmama

You might be able to do 3 across with a smaller RF seat like the scenera, but I doubt you'd get 3 sure rides across unless you have a really really wide back seat.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Hopefully they'll be able to get their mini van before the baby arrives, then. But a Scenera and two SureRides might work if not.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I don't think they have a BRU in their area, but they have a TRU.

It's about $80 on Kohls.com after the 15% off code, too. That's where I sent her to. They do have a Kohls in case they need to return it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC