Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

You know you've been spending too much time on here when...

... you know more about the seat than the people selling it.

I went to look at the Radian rxt at a small local baby boutique. The two people who helped me seemed very knowledgeable. One actually owns the seat and 'has installed dozens of seats', the other was possibly the owner. Yet, I found myself giving THEM information - 'no, actually, I can't just take the harness covers off if I don't like them as they are mandatory forward facing', 'no, the booster minimum is not 40#, it's 50#, look it says right here on the side', etc. I'm sure they thought I was a pain in the rear, lol.

I'm in Canada by the way, so the harness cover thing applies here but not in the US.
    Last edited by Boot; 02-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: You know you've been spending too much time on here when...

You can never spend too much time here!

To be fair, it's also easy to be more informed than a physician about any particular condition or illness. Of course, plenty of forum members here are more educated than a lot of certified technicians, so, yeah!

Well I've had radians since 2008 and apparently overlooked the thing about the harness covers :0 whoops!

Carseat Crazy
    When I bought my radian, shortly after the angle adjuster came out, the owner of my local baby boutique (who sells nationally online) told me the RFing boot was not mandatory and there was no such thing as the angle adjuster.

Needless to say, I did not order from them!

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    Well I've had radians since 2008 and apparently overlooked the thing about the harness covers :0 whoops!
    I think the harness cover thing is just true in Canada (and only the new seats). I wish it wasn't, they seem awkward.

Wait, what harness covers? The ones that go by the neck? They are required?
    -Linnea
    M 2/25/09 43 pounds rfing in two Radian xtsls
    E 7/16/11 26 pounds rfing in a Roundabout 50 & TFSI

Red face Re: You know you've been spending too much time on here when...

I edited OP as I seem to be freaking people out about the harness covers, sorry.

I just had a heart attack thinking that I've been using my XTSLs wrong since 2009. I dug out the manual and read through it twice.

sorry

In Canada you have to keep the little neck pads on? We have one with and one without!
    -Linnea
    M 2/25/09 43 pounds rfing in two Radian xtsls
    E 7/16/11 26 pounds rfing in a Roundabout 50 & TFSI

Quote Originally Posted by linneabw View Post
    In Canada you have to keep the little neck pads on? We have one with and one without!
    For the Diono Radians you have to use them when FFing in Canada. You can take them off for RFing.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Not the little neck pads. The big honking memory foam ones that come on the Diono seats. They are mandatory FFing in Canada. Something about reducing chest g's maybe?
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris