Outgrown Seats- Sell or Pass Down

bella_1818

DS has just outgrown his Radian XT, which has about three more years left on it's expiration.

DC2 is expected in August. Not sure what seats she'll ride in.

I don't like the Radian as a noob seat. Don't really like it as a FF seat. I don't like the Fooft. Can't really justify a multi-tech. TFP weight limit probably won't get her to 4 RF, although I like it for a noob and FF. DS's radian will expire before she's 4, so if I want her in a Radian ill have to buy her her own to make it to 4.

So, do I sell the outgrown Radian or keep it as an extra for DC2, knowing I'll probably have to buy another Radian down the road?

ADS

mrosehughes

I'm a little confused about what seats you have -- you have the radian that expires in 3 years and then a tfp? If that's right, then your radian will expire when your expected LO is still only two, so you'll need to buy a new convertible for them at that point anyways. That, and the fact that there are a few new (awesome looking: ahem chicco) high weight limit seats coming out would incline me to sell the radian, since it sounds like you won't use it for a year and it will need to be replaced by a convertible down the road.

sb518

I would sell. Seats are updated and new seats come out, and something else may work better for the next kiddo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC