Best scenera alternative?

Phineasmama

So. If you were going to purchase a small/light seat for travel for a 1 year old, and hated the Scenera, what would you get? Also what is the easiest to install :eek:

ComfortSport, OnSide Air, Evenflo Tribute/Tribute Sport, (is the Titan the same as the Scenera?)

ADS

Mamasboys

If you hate the Scenera, the OnSide won't be any better (essentially the same shell and base, and same installation). The Evenflo Tribute or Titan (I can't recall the exact difference between them) would be great alternatives for travel. Not gonna ERF or anything (of course), but similar dimension and weight to the Scenera. I have no experience with the ComfortSport (renamed the Classic now, I think), so I can't comment on that choice.

Phineasmama

Yeah I was wondering if the Tribute was any better for install...I will have to see how much room DD2 has in it.

ConnorsMommy

I had a ComfortSport and wouldn't waste money on another one. My average sized son outgrew it around 2 years old. I'd get the Safety First Guide 65 for travel if I were you, or the Sure Ride. I heard the SureRide is easy to install.

Phineasmama

Yeah I have one sure ride and I really like it but I would not be able to fit 3 of them across and average size car. We are going to have to take another harnessed seat vs the low back booster that I originally planned for DD1 because she has not been sitting nice in her booster.

momtoo3

For me, the Tribute was a way easier install than the Scenera. I love the fact that it has foam as well. That said, it is a pretty short seat so I don't know how long it would last for your dd. If you are just looking to get until she turns 2 out of it I'm sure it would be fine but I doubt it would last much longer than that. If I'm remembering correctly your dd2 is bigger than the 2.5 year old I watch. He is about 27 pounds and wears a 2t-3t. He would fit RF but not for much longer and he is on the small side. I don't have the seat anymore or I would try him in it.

Didn't you just buy a Sure Ride? Would that work for your dd2 or are you using it as the travel seat for one of your older 2?

momtoo3

Okay that took me too long to write the last post....

Will the Sure Ride puzzle FF with a RN? Could you get an RN between 2 Sure Rides (one RF/one FF?)

Phineasmama

Yeah DD2 might be close to outgrowing it I bet...she is a big girl!
For DD1 I will have to use the SureRide or one of my RXTs because those are the only harnessed seats we have that she fits in right now. I was kind of hoping to avoid bringing the RXTs because they're so heavy and who knows if they'd install nicely in whatever car we end up with, but I might just have to do it. Maybe I could use the SureRide RFing on the plane for DD2 and pack the rf boot and AA in my carry on for when we get there?

Phineasmama

The sure ride can puzzle with the radian if they are facing the same direction for sure, so if I brought that and the two RXTs I think I could get 3 across in most vehicles provided they install nicely!

Phineasmama

I wonder if the tribute has any more RFing height than the CCO? Because she's basically outgrown the CCO depending on the vehicle and angle of install

canadiangie

Could the baby fit a Graco 40 infant seat? Would you have any use for it afterwards? I know you like seats, and I do too, and I think that 40 bucket looks neato.. just sayin'...

Phineasmama

Could the baby fit a Graco 40 infant seat? Would you have any use for it afterwards? I know you like seats, and I do too, and I think that 40 bucket looks neato.. just sayin'...

Oh yeah see I was all about that last week! I am taking a tech class in April so I thought yay I can buy an infant seat because that's a good excuse! :p

But when I tried her in them...not so much.

She might have 1", like barely, but we're not going on our trip for another month either :eek:

FEA53400-6347-467C-ADD1-3D6DC7FBD09F-3460-000001197656CF30.jpg

emntheboys

The Guide 65 is actually a pretty nice tall seat. I didn't have any installation issues with it, but you'll most likely need a noodle or two for really sloped seats. It doesn't 'flare' at all on the sides so I think it would play nicely in a 3 across.

emntheboys

Front to back I think it would be fine. It installed pretty upright for me, so that would be good on flat airplane seats. It is narrower than a lot of convertibles so width shouldn't be an issue either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC