minivans with 2 top tether anchors in the 3rd row?

Are there any minivans out there that have 2 top tether anchors in the 3rd row? I currently drive a 2008 dodge grand caravan, which has 1 top tether in the 3rd row.
I am just thinking into the future, when my 2 y.o. goes FF, where would I put him? I HATE the set up of using the 2 captains chairs and having 1 kid in the 3rd row. There is so much more room with 1 captains chair folded down and it's so much easier to carry an extra passenger (typically my mom), that I'd be willing to buy a new vehicle when ds2 turns FF.

Right now I have my DS1 ff in the passenger captains chair, DS2 rf in the 3rd row passenger outboard, and DD ff in the offset latch/top tether anchor spot in the 3rd row.

ADS

agave

The Kia Sedona has 4 full sets of latch. I have yet to find a combination of 6 people I can't comfortably carry.

agave

can you tell me more? do you love it? the Kia Sedona i mean.

I love the people hauling capabilities, but I don't think I am supposed to be driving a minivan. I'm more the SUV type, car seats are pretty easy I'm starting to explore boosters in it but my harnesses seats work easily in any seat, except the radian 3rd row center. The 3rd row seat fits small people well which worked out well last summer when I was driving around a friend's 9 and 10 yr olds who would die of embarrassment if I'd stuck them in a booster.

luckyclov

You can have tether anchors retrofitted to your Chrysler/Dodge. There's a thread around here somewhere with specifics, jourdysmom started it (correction: you can no longer retrofit on new generation Chryslers, 2008+ MY).

There are 6 rear tether anchors in the new generation of 8 passenger Odyssey (2011+).

There is 1 3rd row TA (with no option to retrofit) in the new generation of Sienna (2011+) and 1 in each captain's chair.

Last edited:

geekKT

The Kia Sedona has 4 full sets of latch. I have yet to find a combination of 6 people I can't comfortably carry.

Just a heads up. This is true of my '06 Sedona, but if I recall correctly my friend's 2012 Sedona only has one set of lower anchors in the third row but does have the 2 tether locations. I know you're only asking about the top tethers, OP, but I thought I'd mention anyway that the newer models may be different. I don't know what year that changed, so double check if you're looking into them, if it's a concern for you. (or for lurkers, or others wondering about full sets of LATCH in a Sedona) :)

Baylor

I don't know why they did that. I have a 2001 and they are in every position. Why they took them out I will never know. IT is a flipping family car.. With kids..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC