had to turn him ffing today

kkcoconut

My son turned 2 the end of September and I am sad that I have to turn him. I broke my rib and it is excruciating trying to get him in his carseat rfing. Ive tried having him climb in which takes forever and buckling him in is very painful because I have to twist my body a little bit strapping him in. Its just less painful doing it ffing. I feel so guilty. Its supposed to take at least 6 weeks to heal and im scared that after 6 weeks I'm going to get use to him being ffing. I just needed to vent to people who understand how I feel.

ADS

Pingbns

(((Hugs))) for you I wish you a good recovery, you are doing the best you can, maybe once you feel better you can turn him back around.

amandaj553

My DD is the same age (9/2010 baby) and we were in a similar situation. Long story short... DD started daycare for the first time... and was having huge panic attacks the moment we started walking out the door. I physically could NOT get the child in the RF seat. I mean, like after trying to force her in for 10-15 minutes, I just couldn't do it. And she was hyperventilating, etc. I honestly did get used to her FF, and TBH really enjoyed it and it made a lot of things easier. But, now her panic attacks have stopped (she was FF about 6 weeks), so I turned her back around. I really only turned her b/c I knew I was driving them on a 2 hr long drive, and I really wanted her to sleep. I definitely feel more at peace, but I really do miss the FF. And I'm thinking we may end up turning her for good around 3 (as opposed to DS who I kept RF to 3 yrs, 11 months).

Just wanted to say... I think in your situation, and mine, there are extraneous circumstances that definitely play a role. And we really do have to remember that our children are safe in a carseat... even if we know they're not as safe as they could be. And you can decide later whether to turn back or leave FF... maybe you'll do like me and turn RF for 6 more months or so.

Phineasmama

I briefly turned my son when he was 2 because I was pregnant and had pubic dysphasia and could barely walk, but I did turn him back around and we had no problems :)

It will be ok!!!

kkcoconut

Thanks ladies! ! I know it will be ok. It just nice having a piece of mind knowing he's safer rfing. Thanks for the support!

kkcoconut

However did you break your rib? Hope you're better soon.:)

Hahaha I broke it in the most uncool way possible. I have bronchitis and broke it from coughing. Ive never broken a bone before and I did it from coughing. I didnt even know it was possible.

Meg

Ouch!
Ive tried having him climb in which takes forever and buckling him in is very painful because I have to twist my body a little bit strapping him in. Its just less painful doing it ffing.

Do you think installing the car seat RF on the other side of the car would make a difference? Regardless of which way the seat is facing, forward or rear, your body will still need to twist, it just comes down to if you will be twisting right or twisting left. Since you said it's not an issue of lifting your little one in the car, but an issue of twisting to get him buckled, I thought maybe reversing the side he is on might help. For example, if your son was originally RF on the right side of your car, I'm assuming it means it hurts to twist to your right since it doesn't hurt when you twist to your left to buckle him in FF on that same side. So, if you put him RF on the left side of your car, that means you would be twisting left instead, so maybe that will allow you to RF him again since it doesn't hurt as much to twist the opposite way?
Of course, if you are in pain regardless of which side he is RF on, just FF for now and flip back to RF when you're all healed. I'm just trying to think of a solution for you since you seem like you really want to keep him RF! ;)

Cryssy Jane

Hahaha I broke it in the most uncool way possible. I have bronchitis and broke it from coughing. Ive never broken a bone before and I did it from coughing. I didnt even know it was possible.

Lmao I just did this a couple weeks ago as well. Hurts like crazy and there's nothing that can be done about it but give it time.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor

I did this. I did it with coughing with h1n1. I was 37 weeks pregnant and I developed pleurisy on the other side. It was the most excruciating thing ever.

I hope you recover quickly. You can always flip him back around. I've never had any complaints turning kids who have been ff for a year or more in their other car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC