Cybex Aton2 Sunshades

JuliaB

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with twins and we just bought 2 cybex aton 2's from albee baby (and yes, it'sa 5 point harness). Overall the carseats seem great, but the sunshades leave a lot to be desired. They are really short and can't really move to cover the front of the seat if they are being used outside. I know people like to gawk at twins and the sunshades would be a nice way to keep people's faces and hands away.

I'm trying to decide if I should exchange them and if so for what? I know the chicco key fit is highly recommended and I was also thinking about the mico prezi.

Any advice?

ADS

T4K

I think chicco isn't much better. I didn't have twins but I frequently tossed a muslin blanket, like the popular Aden and Anais (sp?) ones, into their seat with them. I used it as an extra canopy if needed. It was the perfect weight for the purpose.

Mercuria

:yeahthat: I'd keep the Atons and use muslins. The KeyFit's canopy is bigger, but it's still my main complaint. It's still pretty useless, and it's nearly impossible to get out of the way. I ended up taking ours off entirely. We used muslins and nursing covers with and without the canopy.

Last edited:

kidzndogz

Did the Aton 2's from Albee have a load leg on the base? My impression was that was unique to the 2, but some websites don't show or mention it. I actually don't even see the 2 on Albee. Just the regular Aton. Thought the 2 wasn't out till April?

Spam

It was first listed on albee as the aton2, I think they've removed the 2 and it's just the 2013 aton. The load base aton2, I was told May when I asked regal-lager.

I don't think the Prezi canopy is going to be any better, it just hooks onto the handle. The keyfit also isn't much better, as others have said. If a big canopy is important to you and you want different seats maybe look at the onboard air35 (they also fit tiny babies very well) or snugride35 or clickconnect35 or 40. The Teutonia seats (same as Graco) have a privacy shade connected to the canopy that pulls down, I think the Aprica seats have this too. Otherwise like others said a muslin blanket or buy those car seat canopy covers.

kidzndogz

Spam said:
It was first listed on albee as the aton2, I think they've removed the 2 and it's just the 2013 aton. The load base aton2, I was told May when I asked regal-lager.

Ah yes. More waiting then. ;)

Phineasmama

I had the first US Aton when it came out in 2011, and the sun shade LOOKS short because of the plastic on the front, but it actually is more effective (in my experience) than it looks.

I did always keep a thin blanket to go over the top of the seat if it was really sunny out, and my daughter was born Sept 3rd so it started to get cold/chilly/windy.

My favorite blanket to keep over the top of the seat was one of these-
http://ticketybu.com/shop/blankets/cadara-bu

They are big, light, ,but heavy enough not to fly around all over the place.

I would not return the seats. You could, and you could get something with a bigger canopy but the entire seat would probably bigger and more unwieldy as well. I loved my Aton, it's a great seat!

JuliaB

So I just spoke to Albee Baby and first of all, I didn't buy the cybex 2, i bought the regular cybex in the 2013. The Cybex 2 isn't going to be available in the US until later in the spring so that's not an option for us anyway (and yes, they are going to have that foot bar.

After speaking to him and seeing all of your responses, we are going to go ahead and just keep the cybex carseats and use blankets/nursing covers to supplement the sun shade if necessary!

Thanks so much!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC