Question Dirty Shoes Ruining my Seats!

katymyers

Is there ANYTHING I can safely use to protect the back of my seat from getting totally trashed by my older rear facing kiddos dirty feet? I put a towel there temporarily but it looks like crap and I hate it and my kids keep pulling it down so really it's not doing much good. I've looked at seat protectors like the Prince Lionheart ones but they make me super nervous and unless a tech told me for 100% sure they were safe I wouldn't touch one but I've also seen the Britax kick mats which are designed for a forward facing child to protect the back of the front seat but I'm wondering if I could use one of those in place of my towel.

ADS

Stelvis

I'd be comfortable with the Britax kick mat as long as its not bunched up or something. It's just a thin piece of nylon -- thinner than a towel.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Anything that just goes over the back of the vehicle seat--not under the child restraint--is fine. I use kick mats and don't give them a second thought.

Phineasmama

Kick mats...I have the Brica ones from BabiesRus they are like $10 for a 2 pack. They go over the vehicle seat back not under the car seat.

AtownMom

I've never bought anything specifically for it. But in the past I have safety pinned a piece of fleece that matches the color of my upholstery to the vehicle seat. I've also used receiving blankets if it's a particularly muddy week and I feel like replacing them daily.

We were gifted these things-clear plastic things-that are designed to strap around where the headrest is on one of the front seats and go on the back so a FF kid doesn't kick the back of the driver or front passenger and ruin the back of one of the front vehicle seats. I use them for my RF kids. After the convertible seat is installed I strap it around the headrest and then just kind of gently tuck (but not really if that makes any sense?) near where our convertible seat meets the vehicle seat. If that doesn't make sense I can take a picture.

This looks alot like the ones I use. But again, not on the back of a front seat for a FF-er but against the seat that my RF is sitting: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seat-Protector-Upholstery-Clear-Vinyl/dp/B003VRBHJC"]Car Seat Protector Kids Upholstery 2 Pack Clear Vinyl ! : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

(I also do plan to keep them so I can keep my vehicle's seat backs protected when the oldest RF turns FF in spring)

aeormsby

I've used the seat back protectors they market for FF seats. They are super thin. If you're worried about them affecting the install wedge them between the seats after it's installed.

One thing about them is they aren't absorbent, so if you have wet and dirty feet (or snow) it will still just melt down to the carseat. I usually took shoes off if they were that wet though.

Meg

I use an old tshirt and just wash it when it gets grungy or replace it with another one.

:yeahthat:
I use a t-shirt and the backs of my seats stay very clean. The headrest goes through the neck hole and the t-shirt is tight against/around the whole 40 section of my backseat. Size small men shirts work best for me. You can buy a fun shirt (my younger son had a shirt for his feet that had a guitar and musical notes and was army green). You can always just buy a shirt that blends in with the rest of your car though. If the shirt gets dirty, you can just pop it off and wash it. I can take a picture if you're having trouble envisioning it.

leighi123

We have a towel, I cut 2 holes in it, took the headrest off, and poked it through the holes and put it back on, so it doesn't fal off. He knows feet have to stay on the towel (he isn't allowed to step on his seat either, the MT is a pain to wash!). We usually just take shoes off tho

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC