Is my baby long or what??

hboo22

I know Evy is tall, she is 5 months old and 27 inches long. She's not particularly heavy, she's only 15 lbs. She's wearing 6-9 and 9 month clothes because the others were too short! She has a Britax Chaperone, and it seems like I've moved the straps up a hundred times! I took the cover off to wash yesterday, and she has only 2 spots left to move it up! Now I know that the straps are below the shoulders, so she'll still fit for awhile. But it doesn't seem like she should already have to have the harness that far up :(

ADS

Keeks64

My DS is 6.5 months & 28. 3/4" - he is wearing 12 & 18 month sleepers & 6-12 month pants are getting too short :O he's got an uber short torso like DS1 though, he is just even with the 2nd harness setting on his SR35..... He's 18lbs but doesn't look chunky at all because he's just loooong lol

cookie123

Me too! At first I thought it was a joke on your siggy pic. Which I realized after a second was your siggy pic.:)

hboo22

Lol, I need a new siggy pic! That one is old! But I love it cause Jaylee is almost 5yo in it and Rfing!

Meg

Doesn't sound too long. ;) My little one just turned 4 months and we have no slots left on the B-Safe and it's top harness slot is a smidge taller than the Chaperone. My little one is 17lbs. 25in., but is all torso with short legs. (For example, she's wearing a 12m top with 3m pants today.)

Also, the first few months, they grow so much, so it does feel like you're moving the harness a lot.. my kids usually slow down a bit around 6 months old.

Last edited:

xursusmaritimusx

its really interesting to see how big different kids are at the same age.

to me your DD does seem long, or maybe has a long torso. both my kids have short torsos.

when my son was 5 months old he was almost 11.5lbs and 24"
hes 16 months old now and 20lbs and 28" he wears 9 month onesies/pants and 12 mo sleepers. he has almost 4" above his head in the SR35

alake

Eryn turned six months yesterday. She is small as are my other two. She weighs 13.5 pounds and is 24.5 inches. Her torso is short like her sister's. I don't know exactly how long she is. She is getting moved to her CCO when we get back to Florida since we need the Chaperone for Mallorie!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC